Airbrushing Future

Baran İşmen

Hello there.

After a long time, I've managed to spray the Future without any problems and have a smooth surface even after 3rd coat. It shines, yes, but there are some dust particles and it seems they stuck there while I was spraying the coats.

My question is, how should i get rid of these without ruining the future coat so much? Wet sanding seems to activate the Future lies beneath. However coating that area again seems to fix the problem.
Also should I wax with Tamiya stuff (or something else you may suggest) after coating my model with Future and letting it dry like several hours maybe days ? Some say that it dulls the final appearance, but some are using as well.

Cheers,

Baran

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just out of curiosity why would anyone want to airbrush Future (or Klear as it’s known in the UK)?  I have a Paasche VL which is a big tough beast of an airbrush but there is no way I’d let Future/Klear anywhere near it. Future/Klear goes on beautifully with a 1/4” flat brush or a cotton bud which saves the grief of trying to clean it out of a precision piece of equipment which was never designed to spray floor wax.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2019 at 01:20, Lonners said:

Hi, 

i’m still Getting used to airbrushing, what do you use to clean the brush with after Spraying future and what other tips do you have?

Regular Ipa and water does the job well, mate. 

15 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Just out of curiosity why would anyone want to airbrush Future (or Klear as it’s known in the UK)?  I have a Paasche VL which is a big tough beast of an airbrush but there is no way I’d let Future/Klear anywhere near it. Future/Klear goes on beautifully with a 1/4” flat brush or a cotton bud which saves the grief of trying to clean it out of a precision piece of equipment which was never designed to spray floor wax.

Maybe due to brush marks no matter how delicate you apply it? 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Just out of curiosity why would anyone want to airbrush Future

Because once mastered, it goes on very well. There are also many cheap Airbrushes out there that are actually very good to use, why not just shell out a few pounds and buy one of these to apply your Clear coats? 

Cheers.. Dave 

How to remove it is on the bottle - an ammonia-based cleaner is what it specifies for taking it off the floor, and that'll work perfectly for airbrushes and paint brushes too.

That said, I've never been impressed with its finish when used as a gloss coat, and now use it only for dipping canopies in.