Fokker F.XVIII, scratch, 1/48

Dear fellow modellers,

On 7th of October 2019 the \KLM celebrates its 100 Year Jubilee.

I thought it was fitting to show the last Fokker, that flew the route to the Dutch East Indies.

Here is a link for the history of this plane:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fokker_F.XVIII

My model was built years ago but the wingcovering began to deteriate, the glue dried out,

So I had a big problem. I removed the wing from the fuselage but it was far gone.

I had only one solustion; I had to make a new wing. Carved from a solid piece of wood, I covered it with selfadhesive aluminium tape and over it went a silver paint coating.

With all this repare work I could replace the upper part of the fuselage in the same time, there were some sink marks issues, I had used too much glue with the 0,5 mm plastic card.

After this extensive rebuild the model lookes again as it was new.

I hope you will enjoy the pictures !

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

With kind greetings

JohnHaa

• Like 18

That is really beautifull result and show your amazing skills! 

Do you have experience with self-adeshive alu foil? I would be affraid about the possible ageing of that kind of adeshive  glue which can spoil your work. I hope not - the cover of paint you have applied  will likely protect glue from loosing adeshive power. 

BTW - there is a long list of mostly civil Fokkers (sometime used as military transport machines as well) which does not exists as mode at all!

Regards

J-W

Edited by JWM

A superb model as ever John! How many of the Fokker transports do you have? Why not show them all on one photo for once.

Cheers, Michael

Dear members,

Thanks for the very kind comments ! 

For J-W ; The aluminium foil holds its own in all those years, I was wondering too, that the glue would deteriate in time, fortunaly it still holds one very well !

For Michael :   Well the counter stands at 20 😁, not only Fokkers, but also Atlantic, Koolhoven, B.A.T.  I will show them in due course.

Besides these I build militairy planes too. I have not counted them, but there are a lot more.

Hmmmm, I think it would be difficult to photograph them all together , I'm afraid that my garden is not large enough.... 😄

With kind regards

JohnHaa

• Like 1