HAF F-84F Thunderstreak

Tato

Hello guys!

I have some questions regarding the Hellenic Air Force F-84F. The TAC camo scheme applied on this aircraft have the same basic colors of the SEA camo? Or there were some variations? It would be correct to use FS 34102, FS 34079, FS 30219 and FS 36622? If not, what are the correct FS colors?

Also, did the ejection seat of the F-84G differ to much compare to the one used in the F-84F? I want to use a resin ejection seat, but for the F there are only full resin cockpits available and I'm just looking for a simple fast build.

Thank you for the help!

Regards,

Tato

Just to muddy the waters a bit, the new color call outs for the new JP Productions 1/72 F-84F call out the dark green on the Belgium aircraft as 34064 vs 34079 as used by USAF.  I have no idea why, or whether it was used by Greece, but it's a possibility...

Ed

Thank you all for the help!

On 05/10/2019 at 18:11, TheRealMrEd said:

Just to muddy the waters a bit, the new color call outs for the new JP Productions 1/72 F-84F call out the dark green on the Belgium aircraft as 34064 vs 34079 as used by USAF.  I have no idea why, or whether it was used by Greece, but it's a possibility...

Ed

That's exactly the same reason why I'm confused. I was looking the Italeri kit (Kinetic) instructions and the color they call out is 34064. So now, it seems that it may have existed a different version of the TAC scheme? :shrug:

Also, anyone knows how is the customers service from italeri? I need a pair of fuel tanks.

Regards,

Tato

On 10/5/2019 at 6:37 PM, Tato said:

The TAC camo scheme applied on this aircraft have the same basic colors of the SEA camo?

Correct. Of course the sun had an effect and after a short while the ccolours got bleached. 

What tanks do you need? PM me.

Martin

Edit: I just checked my Icarus decal set and the greens were FS34079 and FS34102

Edited by RidgeRunner

On 07/10/2019 at 15:49, RidgeRunner said:

Edit: I just checked my Icarus decal set and the greens were FS34079 and FS34102

Thank you Martin! That solves it for me!

PM inbound!

Thank you!

On 10/5/2019 at 11:11 PM, TheRealMrEd said:

Ed

FS 34064 was used in the variant of the SEA scheme used by the Belgian air force. It was used not only F-84F but also F-104 and Mirage V.

However this variation was only used by the Belgians, Greek aircraft used the standards USAF colours... unless they received any former Belgian aircraft, that would have retained their Belgian colours. I know that Greece received former Dutch and German RF-84Fs, not sure about any aircraft from Belgium.

FS 34064 is a bit browner than the standard 34079 of the SEA scheme

On 10/8/2019 at 10:09 PM, Giorgio N said:

FS 34064 was used in the variant of the SEA scheme used by the Belgian air force. It was used not only F-84F but also F-104 and Mirage V.

The tan also differed - the Belgians used FS30227 instead of FS30219. 

Cheers,

Andre

On ‎09‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 05:56, RidgeRunner said:

No Belgian machines went to Greece, Giorgio. In fact most, if not all, were scrapped. The RFs went on as instructional airframes for many years.

Martin

I know one which was not.

• Like 1