This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

BigginHill

1/32 Eduard Kittyhawk IV

Here is the Eduard Kittyhawk IV (P-40N-20) NZ3220, No.18 Squadron RNZAF, Bourgainville, 1944. The model is pretty much out of the box, Eduard added some nice photo-etch and resin detailing to the original kit (i cannot recall who made the original mouldings). The only thing i changed was to use home-made masks for the insignia and white identification stripes. This is quite an expensive kit (mine was a Birthday present!), but i think the quality of the kit, the instructions, choice of markings and different variants you can build justify the cost.

DSC_5013-L.jpg

DSC_5019-L.jpg

DSC_5022-L.jpg

DSC_5012-L.jpg

That's a bit of aw-right, mate! Can't ever have enough great Kittyhawk builds, and yours is definitely one of them! 👍

Mike

Lovely build. Super build quality and lovely finish/weathering. There is something about the P-40 series that makes them particularly attractive - I guess it is it's purposeful demeanour and vast number of colour scheme options

I have one of these, acquired from a modelling mate at cut price - you have inspired me to take another look at it soon. I am pretty sure that the original is Hasegawa and even the basic kit is quite expensive - if you can find one.

Cheers

Malcolm

Excellent build. I like your weathering on it. I'm building Gloria in 1/48 in the Curtiss GB at the moment.  What paint and colour did you use for the olivey green. You seem to have it about right.

1 hour ago, Greg Law said:

Excellent build. I like your weathering on it. I'm building Gloria in 1/48 in the Curtiss GB at the moment.  What paint and colour did you use for the olivey green. You seem to have it about right.

Thanks Greg, i used Tamiya XF62 Olive Drab mixed with some XF-4 Yellow Green

regards

Gavin

Great build and finish/weathering = completely convincing representation. Impressed…

Kind regards,

Joachim

That's really nice Gavin, lovely job B)

... and yes, the original plastic is the Hasegawa kit :) 

Cheers,

Stew

You`ve done a fantastic job on this one,........ love it.

Brilliant, that looks great, it really stands out with that unusual scheme.

Cheers

Dennis