Spitfire Mk IX SAAF No 41 Squadron Cyprus 1944....1/48

Hello,

I would like to built SAAF No 41 Squadron  Spitfire Mk IX, Unpainted and armed with only 2 7.62 or 12.7 machine gun.

"41 Squadron operated four of these natural metal Spitfires. (MH931 + MH993) (MA504 + MA792) They were stripped of all excess weight, the engine was modified & they then operated in pairs. This to intercept high flying Luftwaffe Ju-86P's at +40,000ft. The idea being that one aircraft (armed only with machine guns) would climb to the altitude of the Ju-86, and force it down to the level of the second aircraft, which was armed with cannons...."

http://www.saairforce.co.za/forum/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=2760&sid=68aa477f02a285f68c2be1586a38f658&start=75

So I start with  a Eduard Spitfire Mk IX and salvaged pointed wing tips from  a Mk VII (I know  they have probably standard wing tips, but regarding the photos it's difficult to be sure...)
I added two-three trinkets in the office to give a more crowded loo

edbb.jpg

41rm.jpg

gr4c.jpg

• Like 9

After much research, making , it appears that these famous pointed wing tips on the Spit that occupies me were not standard and had nothing to do with those of the box ...
I used the expanded DK Decals manual to give me an idea of the result ....

8rfu.jpg
Zim-zoum...
2vie.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...