Love it! It’s  so beautiful!   

Andy 

wich brand are the pilots? 

They are looking very realistic.

Edited by Andy Dyck
  • Thanks 1

wow!

turned out great!

the intakes are very effective.... I am a bit regretting not having used some on my recent RF-4C as well.....

what a difference next to the Su-35!

• Thanks 1

That looks Great, I have a question, the Ferris paint scheme, was it used for real? I've only seen it on USN aircraft models but nowhere else so thought I'd ask as I didn't see much on Google other than paintings and models.

Edited by Deano353
  • Like 2

I'm sure there are those who can provide dates and such, but if I recall correctly the 'Heater' variation of the Ferris scheme was applied to only a few airframes of sister units VF-301 and 302 as an 'evaluation' scheme only. I don't think it lasted long...though, obviously, it left a distinctive 'high water mark' in the modeling world. Surely one of the most gorgeous schemes ever applied to military machines.

This model is simply exquisite, a real treat for the eyes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, thorfinn said:

This model is simply exquisite, a real treat for the eyes!

No question there it's awesome. The Sukhoi is from a photo if I recall correctly which is why I was wondering if other militaries used the scheme. That Phantom though looks Great, the scheme is brilliant, I might use it on a model myself.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Deano353 said:

I have a question, the Ferris paint scheme, was it used for real?

There's a handful of photos out there which I relied on for the weathering

57 minutes ago, thorfinn said:

I'm sure there are those who can provide dates and such, but if I recall correctly the 'Heater' variation of the Ferris scheme was applied to only a few airframes of sister units VF-301 and 302 as an 'evaluation' scheme only. I don't think it lasted long...though, obviously, it left a distinctive 'high water mark' in the modeling world. Surely one of the most gorgeous schemes ever applied to military machines.

r3VBe0e.jpgbsH4dk2.jpg

2 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

wich brand are the pilots? 

They are looking very realistic.

They are from Eduard 

• Like 3

There were variations in the scheme; a/c 107 (Phantom: Spirit in the Sky) had the scheme reversed with the mid blue on the fin. I have also got a photo inModern Fighting Aircraft:F-4 of a VF-302 a/c in the Heater scheme but using light gray, medium gray and another (not quite so) medium gray.

• Like 1

Nice job Paul. Convincing weathering an overall build quality is great. Like the pilot figures - you face painting skills are far better than mine!

Cheers

Malcolm

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, paulsbrown said:

Hasegawa kit, Aires cockpit, Cutting edge intakes, Hypersonic canopy details, Brassin AIM-9s and aircrew, Armory wheels, Master pitots, Afterburner and Superscale decals and mostly Testors paint mixtures.

...and a second mortgage!

Awesome result.

Jon

• Haha 1