1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-1/-3/-4/-7 Emil by Wingsy Kits - E-1/-3/-3a/-4/-7 released

Homebee

They never retooled because it would mean admitting to mistakes.   Another flood  of these kits  came out last couple years, probably a final 'hurrah' before other brands supersede their efforts.  Over a decade old now, (if you consider that the 32nd scale version was released in 2009).  

regards,

Jack.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-1/-3/-4/-7 by Wingsy Kits - E-1 released - next E-3

35$ for  BF 109 is definitely not on the cheap side...

I think the Tamiya G is way cheaper in Japan at least, as is the Eduard offering... I beg it is worth it!

I was quite interested until I saw the endless rivet effect. Why are so many manufacturers hung up on this? Or maybe I'm the only one who dislikes them. Still will likely buy at least one.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, baldwin8 said:

I was quite interested until I saw the endless rivet effect. Why are so many manufacturers hung up on this? Or maybe I'm the only one who dislikes them. Still will likely buy at least one.

You're not alone, I completely agree with your view on the 'endless rivet effect'. Unfortunately it seems to be regarded as mandatory these days, I'm hoping that it's just a passing fad.....like I'm hoping over-weathering in all of its forms will also prove to be, I really don't get why that's so popular either!

• Like 4

2 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

55 minutes ago, hopkp said:

You're not alone, I completely agree with your view on the 'endless rivet effect'. Unfortunately it seems to be regarded as mandatory these days, I'm hoping that it's just a passing fad.....like I'm hoping over-weathering in all of its forms will also prove to be, I really don't get why that's so popular either!

I for one love the fastener detail - more please.  

As for over weathering... I don't really think it's a thing.  Aircraft come in all finishes.. Just because you don't like doesn't make it wrong or a"fad". 

Edited by Calum
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

I'm with you there, I'm not a fan of rivet holes in the smaller scale, though Wingsy's rivets are very subtle. At least now days we get a believable layout of the rivets, back when Eduard did their first Fw190's and their MiG-15 they were only adding rivet holes around the edge of panels so it looked a bit strange. 

I don't avoid kits with these rivets, I just try and keep the look of them subtle.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Calum said:

I for one love the fastener detail - more please.  

As for over weathering... I don't really think it's a thing.  Aircraft come in all finishes.. Just because you don't like doesn't make it wrong or a"fad". 

Over weathering is a thing - I've seen several models weathered far beyond what the real thing was. But I think maybe a better term for what has become fashionable is over shading or over highlighting.

I get that often modellers use a bit of artistic license to make their models stand out more but some seem to go quite far, but that's up to them, just don't claim it's realistic.

• Like 3

....and though we claim to replicate the realistic world, all we do is just an interpretation, a branch in arts. - Here and in other forums and on printed paper we  have - and will - see MOST attractive models , a bit overemphasised here and there with shadowing or highlightening, very well photographed and honored with tons of emojies.  But more than one time I was disappointed when I saw these gimmicks in 3D reality.  In consequence there is not ONE ultimate finish of a model, it always depends on where and how it will be represented.

Have a nice day, not only on the workbench!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

15 hours ago, hopkp said:

16 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

15 hours ago, hopkp said:

11 hours ago, Tbolt said:

I'm with you there, I'm not a fan of rivet holes in the smaller scale, though Wingsy's rivets are very subtle. At least now days we get a believable layout of the rivets, back when Eduard did their first Fw190's and their MiG-15 they were only adding rivet holes around the edge of panels so it looked a bit strange. 

I don't avoid kits with these rivets, I just try and keep the look of them subtle.

If you don't like riveted kits, either don't purchase them or simply fill them in. Far easier doing that than for someone like myself, who does like them, having to go to the trouble of having to mark them all out and having to rivet them myself. 😉

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, tank152 said:

If you don't like riveted kits, either don't purchase them or simply fill them in. Far easier doing that than for someone like myself, who does like them, having to go to the trouble of having to mark them all out and having to rivet them myself. 😉

Unfortunately it's getting harder and harder to find 'un-rivetted' kits.....hopefully you'll understand when I say that personally I'd far rather you having to scribe them than my having to fill them in! 😉

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, baldwin8 said:

It is just the newest trend in the modelling world. At some point it will go the way of all previous trends which were a 'must do' in the past (highlighting the centre of each panel, preshading, heavy weathering, ...).

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against showing rivet lines in general. Wingsy usually does them in a very subtle way, and they are quite appropriate on an NMF subject. I just think it would help if one wouldn't highlight them all uniformly with a dark wash. Like panel lines, some areas get more highlighted due to dirt and grime accumulating, than others. In many cases I think it would be more appropriate to not apply a wash to rivet lines at all so that they are only visible at certain distances and angles, just like on the real aircraft.

Cheers

Markus

• Like 4

Purchased a couple of these directly from Wingsy. Kit is marked down on their website from $40 and offered for $35. Shipping is $18 for 4 kits, and since I ordered four kits which included a Sonia; the Bf-109E-1s were just $39.50!:elephant:

My money went directly to Wingsy which will help fund more projects! Hopefully some more Japanese subjects like a 1/48 Ki-44 (that is accurate.)

Wingsy emailed me to let me know my order is fulfilled. I imagine the package will be sent out by the end of the week . . . and then it will take a while to get to California. Can't wait to get them!:eat:

• Like 6

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-1/-3/-4/-7 by Wingsy Kits - E-1 released - E-3 release July 2021
On 5/13/2021 at 5:59 PM, JackG said:

They never retooled because it would mean admitting to mistakes.   Another flood  of these kits  came out last couple years, probably a final 'hurrah' before other brands supersede their efforts.  Over a decade old now, (if you consider that the 32nd scale version was released in 2009).  

regards,

Jack.

Jack, I have the 1/48 Bf-109G-2 by Ed. Any problems with that outline? 

28 minutes ago, 28ZComeback said:

Jack, I have the 1/48 Bf-109G-2 by Ed. Any problems with that outline? 

I'm not a 109 expert, but the only thing I don't like the look of on the Eduard G, is the wide exhausts ( and wide opening in the cowl ), caused apparently by too a deep a nose.

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

- ref. D5-08 - Messerschmitt Bf.109E-3 "Emil" 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/Wingsykits/posts/4172669842848321

Release July - August 2021!!!

Box design for the upcoming new Wingsy Kits D5-08 German WWII Fighter Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-3 in 1/48th. You can find more detailed information about this product on our website.

Have a Nice Day! )))

https://www.wingsykits.com/product/d5-08-german-wwii-fighter-messerschmitt-bf-109-e-3-1-48/

222013943-4172668799515092-5012042835057

220432508-4172668859515086-6118389599264

10803339t.jpg
10803339t4.jpg
10803339t2.jpg
10803339t3.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4