Australian F-111 1/48 Hobbyboss Finished

Well its finished, it took two month's to build and paint. It was good fun to make as the fit was generally very good all round. The kit is inaccurate in the shape of the canopy and a few other parts which were pointed out to me. I would build another as it's a good kit to build but I would get corrections. There were no decals for the harpoon which was strange so I have attached them with no markings I'm personally happy with it, I think this is my best effort on a kit yet, I think I may have over done the panel lines but I like it. Anyway the base needs to be painted to look like an airfield but for now it will sit alongside my small but growing collection. Hope you guys enjoy the pics.spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

spacer.png

The paints used were mr hobby and Tamiya, I mixed my own colours and used a mixture of Flory Models dark dirt wash and Vallejo pigments to highlight the detail. The pilots are PJ Productions 1/48th scale NATO pilots other then those the rest is OOB

Edited by Deano353
  • Like 41

Fantastic one! It turns out very realistic. Nothing is overdone  there. Unfortunately one cannot see the pilots on the pic’s.

The Phantom looks very small beside your 111.  🤭 seems to be a real beast. 

Chees 

Andy 

• Like 1

spacer.pnghere's a photo from the build thread best one I have of the pilots.

2 hours ago, Andy Dyck said:

The Phantom looks very small beside your 111.  🤭 seems to be a real beast. 

It really is, the F111 makes everything around it look very small indeed. 

Edited by Deano353
  • Like 3

Nice job. You can be well chuffed having done that one. I wouldn’t stress over panel lines. It’s a matter of personal taste how and even if you do them. 

Nice work on the pilots too. Which one is Bruce by the way?*

brilliant stuff 👏 

*no prizes for guessing the reference 

• Like 1

Noice.

Love this colour scheme over the grey.

Was watching your build with interest as I have one in the stash.

Great job.

• Like 1

Gidday Deano, although I'm mainly a ship builder I like your F111C. Many years ago I did a kit of one in 1/72, and also a scratch-built one in 1/250, but neither look anywhere as good as yours. It's personal opinion of course but I think the F111C with its wings extended is one of the most graceful aircraft that has ever flown, and with them swept one of the most deadly looking. Well done on the model. Regards, Jeff.

• Like 2

You don't see many of these kits made up and especially not in RAAF colours. Fortunately I got to see one or two during my time in Singapore in the 1970s and Down Under in the 1980s. You have done a great job on this one, no mistake.

Well Done, Sir !

• Like 1

21 hours ago, f111guru said:

Well done Deano. Great finish. Adds a bit of color to your other kits. Looking forward to your next project.:worthy:

Ron VanDerwarker

Thanks, yeah it needs a bit of colour Haha, I've the Kitty Hawk 1/48 SU-35 so I might build that next.

• Like 1