Compiling a Legion

Hahaha ;)

Indeed, this would be sporty spice. What I did for one of the Readers is take a crushed wolfhound. There are some spare parts heads and top carapace. I am a bit hesitant to "kill" a full model for basing purposes, because these aren't cheap. Will see if I can convince myself. 

You can easily place the odd spare part. For example a knight head and close combat weapon when I get my hands on the add on parts. But killing a 7€ figure for Base purposes is not resonable at least not for me.

The panels on the gun and the rocket launcher are actually the same approach of grey as the other sections. Maybe it is not so obvious in the pictures because of the missing separation from the metallic parts. The armour panel on the side of the gun will be grey blue. Grey is the main colour of Legio Gryphonicus.

Edited by Soeren

Here ist the Gryphonicus Titans left side with all the trim painted. Adds a lot more definition.

spacer.png

Also got a set of some tiny 2x1mm magnets to mount on the knights arms and torso. So ready for future upgrades. Maybe not as necessary for Questoris knights, as I got 3 sets per Legio already, but good for Cerastus and Acastus pattern knights once they get their different layout weaponry.

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 3

First battle today. My daughters Legion Morris Titan "Black Skull" killed my knight support banne in the first round with one hit from her Bellicose Volcano Cannon. Luckily though, my Legion Gryphonicus Warlord was able to cripple Black Skull before it could get into melee Range with its fearsome Arioch Energy Claw. Her knight were only able to cause superficial close combat damage before being taken out.

• Like 1

Hi therea new update on the Gryphonicus Titan. Did the head and gave it a wash of Nuln oil as well. And a decal for the right shoulder. GW decals are thick and stiff unfortunately, but they conform well enough after MicroSol application. Needs a matt coat to blend in though. Thnaks for looking.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 3

On 11/17/2019 at 9:04 AM, Soeren said:

First battle today. My daughters Legion Morris Titan "Black Skull" killed my knight support banne in the first round with one hit from her Bellicose Volcano Cannon. 

Ha, my first game was with my daughter too. Lots of cinematic carnage.

The latest progress is looking good, I like your choice of green for House Vyronii.

@ill

• Mike changed the title to Compiling a Legion
1 hour ago, Will Vale said:

Ha, my first game was with my daughter too. Lots of cinematic carnage.

The latest progress is looking good, I like your choice of green for House Vyronii.

@ill

Cheers Will, I guess that is the great fun about this game. We gonna start a training camp this weekend with missions, like Cerastus Titan hunts, to get us deeper into the rulese.

ATM I don´t have too many vibrant colors, that is because I only did AFVs before. So it wasnt too easy to mix greens that looked right for the knights.

Hey there Dalek. I started with AK Dark Green mixed with Army Painter Greenskin, added in some Vallejo Model Air Camo. Light green and to get it even lighter I added Army Painter Daemonic Yellow and Vallejo Off White. No fixed ratios, just went on until happy with the result.

• Like 1

Hey tthere, got a few highlights onto the metal areas and onto the heads for easier definition from afar. Also tried myself on the Ion Shield Generators. Also did some subtle heat effect with orange wash, glaze of purple then of blues. But this is rather dark and doesnt really show on these pictures though. I am not really sure if I should spend more time on these besides the base decoration and the banners of course.

Here ist the Banners of knights facing each other in anger.

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 5

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey there dear people. Happy New Year to all of you. Here is some progress on the Cerastus lance. Added the decals and placed some located mat varnish over only the decaled areas. What i also did since the last ist some more work on the energy lances and the shields. Also added an oil wash of some blue to some areas.

As well as the base treatment that I will use on those Tabletop  miniatures.

I guess the next steps are wahes for the trims and them some final highlights and go to the next set of minis.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Hey there went back to the Titan and added decals and washes, also the back steel was so plain that I painted quite more features. Finally the missiles got some blue caps as well. Ah and the steppes kind of bas of course. There is soo much detail on this figure, one can even go down on thsi again with some detail gihlights etcetera

For instance as the steel looks too plain on the frame, I used really thinned down greys, rust and brown colors to paint on the bare steel sections on the legs and torso. But that is not easy to observe from the pictures.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

Haha. Being just a side project I turned to some machines again. This time I am working on the Cerastus knights of house Vyronii. The first is mostly finished painting wend for copper as the trim color as the gold was too bright yellow for my taste. Gave it a few coats of Ahrax already and washed the carapace with thinned down Nuln Oil. Still drying. Yes it is that fresh.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1