Compiling a Legion

Hey there, some time noe doing the Tanks stuff and wanted to do something different. Over 20 yearas ago I was a big Warhammer Fantasy / 40k fan and just browed the web what is the recent matter and came across Adeptus Titanicus. Not too far from an AFV right? Just on legs. And these look like more or less plastic kits. That big Warlord Titan has about 144 parts in it. So off I went. Ordered the Grand Master Edition Box and few other goodies. This is the start.

spacer.png

• Like 5

Yay, more titans! I think these are some of GW's best kits, can't wait to see how yours turns out and it might spur me on to getting some paint on my Reaver.

Will

Hey Will, I am mostly done with the titans carcass and short before putting down the first layer of paint. Great fun to build this.  Most seam lin es are either on the inside or covered by armour plates. The same is true for the sprue connection points. Great engineering on GWs part. 

Hey there and some progress. The buildings got several shades of gray and the windows got a black blue wash, the large gates some bronze and brown wash treatments. Need some more black brown wash on the buildings. It is the scenery after all. Dont exactly know how far I will want to pushthose. But some work can get into them still. The titan is almost done as well, waiting for magnets and gonna start painting soon.

spacer.png

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, build some Titans during the last weeks and started painting. 2 Warlords, 2 Reavers and 2 Warhounds got their basecoat as well as 2 Banners of Questoris knights.

One Warlord got some  Nuln Oil treatment, followed by initial drybrushing before painting Legio Mortis colors. Base coat was Vallejo Oiled Steel with some Mahagony and Redbrown paint mixed in, some Armypainter Rough Iron in the shadow areas and dry brushing with 70:30 Oiled Steel: Black Metal.

spacer.png

Now there is on support Questoris banner of House Malinax work in Progress. Black and then metal dry brushing, few brass/bronze colore features on the body and the carapace got some burnt umber base followed by consecutive lighter bone colors. The Borders are Vallejo Black Metal mixed with Vallejo German Tank Grey. And the odd red shoulder for the Lord Scion as a test for the Legio Mortis Red. Vallejo Hull Red followed by highlighting with matt red over Ivory to turn it red again.

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 4

Here is the latet progress of the knights. Have the colored trnsfer sheet on order. I will then give them a wash and some highlights and call them Table Top ready by then. Still enough figures waiting to be painted

spacer.png

• Like 2

Cheers Dalek! :)

Got the colored Decal sets yesteday and staffed out the Knights and turned towards the Titan.

Highlights here and there to all the dark borders added.

spacer.png

Power Fist.Tried to add some interest to the lenses on the bolters. Unfortunately these are not in the rules yet. You only get the fist to do damage.

Glazed a gradient into the red, that is not too obvious in these pictures though.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Titan hull with head

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 7

Thank you John. Indeed, these paint schemes at really effective and look nice even without any fancy painting techniques. What I find difficult though is to effectively combine brush and airbrush painted sections. The shoulder armour is airbrushed and the head and some other smaller panels are brush painted red and they look quite different. Might need to add another airbrush pass to make the red more vibrant.

• Like 1

Hey Mr Cheese, thank you. This is one of the additional heads you get with the Plasma annihilator sprue. The same is true for the Claw and the reinforced left shoulder armour without the cutout. You can either by the sprue separately,  like I did, or with the alternative kit.

Hey Guys,

this is the result of my modelling my work this weekend: Some 6 Cerastus Knight Lancers I am gonna start painting next week. I also started working on the Legio Gryphonicus Warlord Titan, but no pictures yet.

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 2

Cheers guys. Those Lancers really look great. For the traitors I will stay with Malins,  the scorpion on bone colored knights with almost black trim looks menacing. For the loyalists I just might go with the green Vyroni as shown in the booklet. This will also help with the contrast between the groups and will make good use of the after market transfer sheets.

Edited by Soeren

If only that gold outlining wouldnt take so long, these models would be much faster. So I only managed the lower section of the second Warlord Titan yet. The angles on the legs are quite acute, the armour pieces are designed for some less action ;)

spacer.png

spacer.png

I have also decided to first put all the armour on and then look for obvious spots on the skeleton for additional paint diversity, as the armour covers white some area of the model.

• Like 4