Great job so far,the engine looks ace, i agree with troy much easier to scribe down the panel line and flex the plastic to break the join, and in future builds you can  re-use the removed flaps/slats at deflected angles with minimum work

• Like 1

Many thanks boys!

To be honest, this is my first kit with modifications. I did the gun bays with razor saw, wanted to do something differently on flaps :D Yes, indeed, manual drilling was very time consuming. 

There will be more to cut on this model so for sure will use your advises! I also believe that I should buy mini drill, saw for about £8 on ebay, plenty of them :D

Thanks!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have the Tempest so very interested in your build, which is progressing very nicely.

Although I'm intending to do an OOB build, I do fancy that engine! A modelling masterpiece in it's own right, and you've made a lovely job of it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2020 at 14:09, Johnson said:

I have the Tempest so very interested in your build, which is progressing very nicely.

Although I'm intending to do an OOB build, I do fancy that engine! A modelling masterpiece in it's own right, and you've made a lovely job of it.

Many thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, long time no see :D

So a bit of progress update:

Plastic surgery marks:

Plastic surgery in progress:

Dry fit:

decided that it will to be empty:

So some scratch built improvements. I am aware that it is not 100% accurate, however looks quite decent and most importantly - I did really enjoy it. Parts made from plastic sheets/rods and some spare parts from other kits:

• Like 6

2 hours ago, RoboVoice said:

looks quite decent and most importantly - I did really enjoy it.

Looks very decent, and enjoying it is the most important thing, something we lose sight of at times, I know I do!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Long time no see :D I had to slow down on progress since pandemic start. I work in ecommerce so it is mad busy for us, no days off, nothing.

But still have few pics from a while back for update:

CMK resin fuel tanks with some added wiring. 

I love models that show the internal much, so trying to build one this way, need to touch up few bits with brush:

Dry fit looks like this:

• Like 2

18 hours ago, cynicaljohnny said:

How's this build going? Have you fitted the engine firewall to the fuselage yet? Mine appears to have a gap at the bottom where it butts up to lower wing....

I have not gone so far yet :D

• 1 month later...