Hey all,

at the moment I am building P51D, also by eduard, but somehow just lost the motivation for it after applying decals (not because the kit is crap, kit is the most amazing you can find in the scale, but just like that, sometimes happens). So decided to build a small diorama (never did one.). Well you need a plane for diorama first :D So Eduard Tempest let it be:

Engine and gun bays arrived today together with some barrels from Tamiya which I believe will look nice:

The actual kit should arrive tomorrow, so hopefully and give it a start on Sunday :) Ordered some valejjo paints also :)

• Like 6

On 08/10/2019 at 20:08, Chaotic Mike said:

I've done the 1/32 version of that engine from Special Hobby.  It looks like they have worked a miracle in shrinking it further...  Looking excellent.

Many thanks! Yeah, the 1 48 scale is really extremely well detailed. Eduard are just amazing in their 1/48 scale

Hey all, 

yes, I do agree, really amazing kit and extremely well detailed. I really like that instructions even say where to place wiring on the engine (you will need some wire which is not included in the kit).

So yesterday's progress:

exhausts, bit of weathering, placed in bay.

Slowly coming to the end and then will move to gun bays. 

I have noticed that CMK is about to release fuel tanks for this kit, so waiting for them to appear, will be really nice addition to the kit. Really wanted to build a plane with open engine, guns and as much as possible + quite enjoy the learning curve :)

Hey all, 

yes, I do agree, really amazing kit and extremely well detailed. I really like that instructions even say where to place wiring on the engine (you will need some wire which is not included in the kit).

So yesterday's progress:

exhausts, bit of weathering, placed in bay.

Slowly coming to the end and then will move to gun bays. 

I have noticed that CMK is about to release fuel tanks for this kit, so waiting for them to appear, will be really nice addition to the kit. Really wanted to build a plane with open engine, guns and as much as possible + quite enjoy the learning curve :)

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Long time no see :D

So, I have managed to finish off the engine part and moved onto the gunbays. Also awaiting for CMK to release some extra accessories for this kit :)
I have finished a build video and uploaded on my youtube channel, however cannot share the link, it is against the rules, but if very interested you will find it easily :)

So some pictures:

• Like 12

44 minutes ago, shortCummins said:

about 4 minutes into the video, what is that orange tool and where did you get it from?

nice looking engine

rgds

John(shortCummins)

Many thanks! That's a pin tool for watch making. Usually used for crown and stemp removal or watch strap removal. However works extremely well when you need to push those tiny wires on the model :D You should really find it on ebay very cheaply :)

11 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Long time? That’s the blink of an eye in the timescale of my builds.

Splendid engine.

John

Many thanks! :) I also wish to have more time for model building therapy :D

Edited by RoboVoice
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RoboVoice said:

Many thanks! That's a pin tool for watch making. Usually used for crown and stemp removal or watch strap removal. However works extremely well when you need to push those tiny wires on the model :D You should really find it on ebay very cheaply :)

Many thanks! :) I also wish to have more time for model building therapy :D

thanks for the info, I should have know as my Dad was a watch maker, my excuse is that it was a long time ago, probably in a galaxy far far away 😆

rgds

John(shortCummins)

4 hours ago, RoboVoice said:

So started working on cutting more plastic for flaps:

Rather than drilling, if you cut up to the flap line, and then keep scoring the plastic on the flap line( I use needle in a pin vice) you can very quickly make the line deeper, and then just flex the flap out,  bend upwards, and it will crack along the scored line.

Quick, easy, minimal clean up.

HTH

• Like 3