1/? Wooden Airplane by Winston, Age 4

Great to see!  It's amazing how focused boys can be when they're doing something that's actually interesting to them.  I'll spare everyone a rant about midwit schoolmarms wrecking several generations of brilliant lads who don't fit into their cookie-cutter pedagogy.

Reminds me of one I built around that age, the hand-painted roundels didn't turn out as well as I'd envisioned.

Re. fireplanes:  has he seen any borate bomber videos?

Brilliant! 

Love it!

Might I suggest you and Winston check out the ‘1/48 Hogwarts Express’ that my daughter is currently building under my inept tutorage. It’s on the non-military vehicles WIP pages if you are interested. It’s proving to be a great thing to do together!

It's a start and he enjoys it by the looks of it, cool. Make sure you hold onto this model, in the future you can use it to embarrass him in front of his new girlfriend. Seriously hold onto his first model, make a good talking point in the future.

Brilliant - cracking job Winston! Belated Happy Birthday from me too - hope you got lots of models! :)

4 hours ago, Procopius said:

Yes. His mind was comprehensively blown.

Has he seen the Disney Planes2 (IIRC) film - both my 4 year old grandaughters loved that!

Keith