CROUCHING TIGER, HIDDEN DRAGON.

On 03/10/2019 at 21:01, Badder said:

The turret HAD to be turned to THIS angle and the rearmost spare track-link had to be removed in order that the engine cover could be opened. What clever design by the 'perfectionist' Germans!

It’s sounds very interesting! But I’m not surprised! 👍

On 03/10/2019 at 21:01, Badder said:

On the whole, I'm fairly happy with the Tiger. There are things I could have done better.  Feel free to criticise!

I’d put your Tiger in a museum - fantastic work!, Badder! 🥳

The painting, chipping and weathering looks superb at my taste. I think you’ll be proud of your job! 🤝

2 hours ago, Nikolay Polyakov said:

It’s sounds very interesting! But I’m not surprised! 👍

I’d put your Tiger in a museum - fantastic work!, Badder! 🥳

The painting, chipping and weathering looks superb at my taste. I think you’ll be proud of your job! 🤝

Thanks Nikolay,

I've tried four different chipping techniques now.... two with either chipping fluid or hairspary and the odd bit of brush-painted chipping, one with 'rubbing back' the whitewash and then brush painting the chips, and now this one, with rubbing back and pen-applied chips.

The chipping fluid one was by far the easiiest, on an OD Sherman, because it was over a dark colour. With thIs Tiger the hairspray technique didn't work so well because the whitewasHwas over Dunkelgelb and to me it turned out looking 'sandy' coloured and so I switched to painting the Tiger black and whitewashing over that. Still, as it turned out, my Tiger still looks sandy coloured in certain light!

My next winter camo vehicle will be Tamiya's old classic Sd.Kfz 7 half-track with the Flakvierling AA guns on the back, although I don't expect to get around to it for maybe a year.

Thanks again for you kind comments, I look forward to seeing your next project. A T-34 in winter camo, perhaps?

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Badder said:

My next winter camo vehicle will be Tamiya's old classic Sd.Kfz 7 half-track with the Flakvierling AA guns on the back, although I don't expect to get around to it for maybe a year.

Great choice, Badder! 👍

3 hours ago, Badder said:

Thanks again for you kind comments, I look forward to seeing your next project. A T-34 in winter camo, perhaps?

I think I’ll take a break from the armour modelling and switch back to the aircraft for some time. I have a Tamiya’s M113 and SU-76M in my stash; also I have an idea of building the T-54-1 for my friend (actually, I’ll need to buy it before) - so who knows... 😉

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hewy said:

Even better in day light badder,that would have won it for me, totally convincing

Thanks Glynn,

Hehe. One must learn to do things faster!

Rerguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

What a fantastic end result - I have followed and thoroughly enjoyed this build every step of the way. 

Brilliant work mate - Steve

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

What a fantastic end result - I have followed and thoroughly enjoyed this build every step of the way. 

Brilliant work mate - Steve

Thanks very much Steve,

Apologies for the often waffling thread, but I like to practice my touch-typing.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Badder, it looks better with natural light, and as others have said before, it is white ... there is no doubt.

Cheers mate. 👍

Hi Francis,

Yep, lol!

BTW, You remember we were talking about the ratio of 'views to comments the other day?

Well, I made photos of my Tiger 'public' on IMGUR yesterday, and it's already had 800 views.... and ONE comment. Still, considering IMGUR isn't a modeller's website I think the number of views is quite staggering!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Buzby061 said:

Tiggeriffic! A great representation of a vehicle that's seen more than its fair share of action.

Looking forward to seeing the dio.

Pete

Thanks Pete,

I have two dios in the making, one of which will be suitable for this Tiger. That one is less advanced though and will take 2nd seat, so I don't know when that'll be done.

Rearguards,

Badder

• Like 1