Airfix 1/72nd Blackburn Buccaneer S.2C

Looks awesome

But how did you get your hands on the test shots?

I'm curious how some modellers are lucky enough to grab test shots of models before the general public 

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps, I'm glad you like it, hopefully it'll prove to be a good seller for the company and pave the way for other variants.

But how did you get your hands on the test shots?

I'm curious how some modellers are lucky enough to grab test shots of models before the general public 

Thanks thepureness, I write/build for Airfix Model World magazine and we get the test shots and pre-production kits sent through as soon as they become available from Airfix. That way we can publish a review and build article just prior to the kit going on sale to the general public, hopefully, giving folks some idea of what to expect out of the box.

• Like 3

I do not know why ... but I like those old English aircraft. They were never the most beautiful, but still great to look at.
Your model shows this British style superbly, very well done model.

Best regards

Peter

• Thanks 1

Excellent to see it finally out and you have done her proud!  Among the top ten of my favorite aircraft.  Can't wait to get my hand on three kits to model FAA, RAF, and SAAF examples.

• Thanks 1

Well done Andy, another great build that’ll sell many kits for Airfix, keeping them in business to eventually retool many more great models like this. Thanks for the unbiased opinion which overall looks like they have done a great job here. Just one question, do the bombs attach themselves inside the bomb bay easily as from what I’ve seen they are designed for the underwing pylons? 

Cheers and well done to both yourself and the lads at Airfix.. Dave 

• Thanks 1

I've read the whole article and I've had mine on order since Jadlam first listed them!

Very inspiring mate fantastic job on a fantastic kit!

I do plan on having mine with Wings folded, canopy open, airbrakes open and bomb bay open.

• Thanks 1

That is one beautiful Buc, Andy! Your usual impeccable work and honest critique and points to ponder when building. Guessing we will have to wait for a proper Operation Granby Pink Lady? Have one of these on pre-order- can't wait to see it. Glad to see you back on the forum, too! :clap2:

Mike

• Thanks 1

Hi Andy, the Buccaneer looks brilliant, and one I will definitely be buying, I would imagine this model will be on the Airfix stand at Telford this year.  I was going to Bruningthorpe this year as a friend I know also helps out on the Buccaneer, but sadly I was away lol, anyway hopefully will see you at Telford

• Thanks 1

Amazing! Saw one irl last weekend at Hendon; they're deceptively big.

I was looking at stuff about buccaneers yesterday, I didn't realise that there are 4 of them within a half hour drive of me at Brunty. I'd love to see one fly, aparently one was under restoration and has permission to fly once the restoration is complete, however Hunters took priority.

17 minutes ago, crobinsonh said:

Great build Andy with a top notch finish. Now lets see your 1/24th scale Buccaneer side by side...

Seconded! With the 24th scale one 

• Thanks 1