Floating Stringbag

OK, so the photos only appear once posted.

Is this some sort of particularity of Flickr ? If so I might try something else.

See that excess code after the picture. Before you click SAVE, highlight the excess and backspace to remove it. Also in the window where the code is, you can choose the size of image you'd like to paste. 800x600 is good. 1000x800 is better.

Chris

4 minutes ago, Bob_C said:

OK, so the photos only appear once posted.

Is this some sort of particularity of Flickr ? If so I might try something else.

No. That is normal for all hostings. 

Chris

1 hour ago, Bob_C said:

OK Chris thats great.

How far can I trim back the URL ? to the word 'by' I imagine.

If you start at the end of all that code and highlight forward, go until you get to [/url][url= . Anything to the right and below this can be removed.

It really doesn't matter if you remove it or not. What matters is if we can see your pictures. A little extra coding is unimportant.

Chris

Only just seen this Bob. Lovely to see a real aeroplane (ie one with more than one wing) being entered.

Seeing this re-tool of the Swordfish reminds me of my attempt to build the original several decades ago: what a different kit you have there to the one I remember!! You are making an excellent job of it BTW and I am enjoying watching this come together. I like the idea of one wing folded and one open - as you write, it saves space!

P

2 hours ago, Bob_C said:

Hi Chris,

I've followed your instructions and get the following....... doesn't look right to me.

48848522172_beb4638488_z.jpgIMG_20191004_222803130 by Bob Crookham, on Flickr

48848334041_3d957d6e53_z.jpgIMG_20191004_222441797 by Bob Crookham, on Flickr

I can see these and its looking good so far. 

• Like 1

A bit more progress to post.

Fuselage is complete and I've started constructing the wings.

I've had to go a bit off piste with the costruction sequence because of my one wing open one closed arrangement.

I cut the wing 'spar' in two and have built the port wing (to be folded) separately. The excellent fit of the parts makes this quite simple.

Another real plus point of the kit is that the wings are split, made up of an upper and lower half. As you can see I have built the port wing without the upper and lower wing panels fitted.

This will make the rigging so much easier. Before assembly I drilled the wing panels to accept the rigging lines, now its 'simply' a process of sewing the lines in place.

48849228097_610e095e1d_z.jpg[url=

48848674288_87037ee0ef_z.jpg[url=

I've chosen the silver and grey FAA sceme and as you can see have done some initial painting using Xtracrylix and Vallejo acrylics.

Back with more soon, thanks for all of your comments.

Bob

• Like 9

On 10/5/2019 at 11:28 PM, Bob_C said:

OK Chris thats great.

How far can I trim back the URL ? to the word 'by' I imagine.

I delete everything before and after the two [ img ] bits (there are extra spaces in that otherwise it appears blank in this post!) and it works fine plus you won't have extra wording showing. Just make sure you leave the square brackets in!

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

I delete everything before and after the two [ img ] bits (there are extra spaces in that otherwise it appears blank in this post!) and it works fine plus you won't have extra wording showing. Just make sure you leave the square brackets in!

Ian

Yeah, what Ian said. That's what I tried to say before but it didn't come out clearly. Ian nailed the explanation. Ian, I may copy this to use again, if/when I try to help others with Flickr use.

Chris

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Chris, the plan is to rig one set of wings in place on the aircraft and do the other (the folded pair) separately and attach later.

the pics show the separate one.

48866393613_c8124aec54_z.jpg

48866390423_4e12c73005_z.jpg

Cheers

• Like 8

OK, so a bit more done.

All the big bones complete.

To do ..... assembly, finish rigging, thin wash, paint details (prop tips etc), final top coat.....

48879300997_78fa2cc127_z.jpg

• Like 8

Bob, STOP! Before you continue, you need to re-paint the engine gear casing black. A nice semi-gloss black actually. This is what's called for in the Airfix instructions for this kit.

48881067258_a88a2e10e6.jpg

Chris

• Like 2

Hi Chris,

I use that ez-line elasticated stuff.

As I said before this kits wings are easy to rig because of the upper and lower split wing panels.

Each pair can be done with one piece of line if you wanted. I used a couple of pieces with a dab of CA now and again to kep the tension.

The tailplane, float struts and control lines need to be rigged next using the traditional dip in CA, hold in place and hope for the best method.

I've recenrly read that a homemade CA accelerator can be made from a baking powder solution (or anything alkaline) - so am going to give this a try.

Bob

• Like 2

There is still something weird about posting images from Flickr. I cannot see most of my earlier posts now whereas I could before.

The later posts seem OK.

58 minutes ago, Bob_C said:

There is still something weird about posting images from Flickr. I cannot see most of my earlier posts now whereas I could before.

The later posts seem OK.

I can see only a few of your photos - still flickering grey links for most of them, even after you started using the Flickr BBCode.