Focke-wulf Ta-154 Propellor Hub

oggy4u

Hello,

I am looking to replace the Pro-modeller 1/48 Ta-154 propeller hubs with late war types similar to those used on  Focke-Wulf Ta-152 . I have True Details late war propeller blades but I need the hubs seen on the Focke-Wulf Ta-154 A-2/U4 . Does anyone produce aftermarket hubs or is there a 1/48 Focke-Wulf kit that I can source the parts ?  I have bought the 1/48 Quickboost hub and props for the Focke-Wulf Ta-152C but they are too pointed . 

Thank in advance 

Alan

Alan

The old Karo As vacform Ta154 in 1/48 has the spinners you need. This vac kit has a decent set of resin accessories included, with larger props and spinners as part of this (not Aires in quality but more early CMK which is quite possibly what they are). They do crop up on eBay from time to time.

If you're making a /U4 operational variant of the Ta154 you will also need larger main wheels, different cowlings (with shrouded exhausts) and possibly a rear fuselage extension plug (I'm not totally convinced about this latter point, and the references seem to vary about this - any information would be appreciated from my perspective). Again the Karo As kit has all of these except the fuselage plug but you would have 2 vac fuselage halves to play with to make one...

Hope this helps

SD

I have 2 sets of 'Ta 152H propeller, Spinner & Radiator - Standard propeller' (#FUS 4812 ) by 'Fusion' for my Dragon Ta 154 (Mistel version with Fw 190A-8) in the stash.

Available from Ultracast. https://www.ultracast.ca/SearchResults.asp?Search=fusion&Submit=

These are different in shape to the kit parts. Longer, straighter edges, less pointed at tip.

My research at the time found these to be a good replacement but mainly for the prop shape.

I'll try to take some photos of all the spinners involved. (I did happen use Quickboost's Ta-152 Prop and spinner on a Hobby Boss Ta 152C-1)

Will post photos later,just doing some virus protection at the mo.

Hopefully these pics might help you out with the shape of all three spinners mentioned. (Apologies for the standard of pics, taken with elderly iphone)

Quickboost Ta 152C Propeller w/tool for HobbyBoss kits

spacer.png

Fusion Ta 152 Spinner (Left) vs Dragon Ta 154 kit Spinner (Right)

spacer.png

Cheers

Thanks Red Dog and Safety Dad .  

I am planning on building the standard Focke-Wulf Ta 154 A-1 with Cutting Edge Corrected VS-9 props and need the proper spinner (I read they were added late in the war ). I own the Ultracast  1/48  Focke-wulf Ta-152C  prop and spinner set but the spinner is too pointed . I like the Ultracast  photo of the 1/48 Fusion 4812  Ta 152H spinner on the left . I am guessing that is the original kit spinner and it has that very blunt  look that  I want for my Ta 154 . Thank you for the great photos BTW and link . It was kind of you to go to so much effort . So far , It looks like I will have to find a 1/48 Ta-152 kit and copy the spinner in resin .

Oggy

Thanks you  for all the responses . It looks like I was wrong about the shape of the spinner . I had based it on  a drawing from a Japanese magazine called Scale Aviation . The spinner shape is more like the one used on the Focke-Wulf Ta-152C . So , the Canadian company Ultracast has just what I need . Thanks again .