1/72 - Curtiss-Wright T-32 Condor II by Bat Project - under development

Homebee

I am unfamiliar with the brand, and although not at all interested in military planes and/or models, I am happy to hear that a civil version of this plane may be released.

I fairly priced, I am in for one. There are a number of civil candidates for this one (Eastern Air Transports, Swissair, American Airlines, four employed in England by International Air Freight Ltd., Canadian CF-BQN, etc.), among them an Antarctic version (Byrd Antarctic Expedition II, that was used also on skis and floats).

Previously a resin Ardpol 1/72 version and a Formaplane vac in the same scale were released.

Profiles available in Flying Review International, July 1967 if you've got one. Other new releases for that month were the Airfix Avro 504K  and the only just replaced Hasegawa H8K for 1000 Yen.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 6:16 PM, Moa said:

Previously a resin Ardpol 1/72 version and a Formaplane vac in the same scale were released.

Sadly, due to family commitments, Ardpol is no longer in business.

Ardpol produced 4 Curtiss T-32 Condor kits, 3 of which were military versions and 1 which was the Bryd Antarctic plane on floats.

Ardpol did not produce any civil airline versions but did plan on releasing an American Airlines wheeled version.

The owner of Ardpol sold some of his molds to a "friendly competitor" so we may see some Ardpol kits in the future but under a different label.

Tim

Edited by VH-USB
  • Like 2

• 1 year later...