1/72 - de Havilland DH.86 Express by Bat Project - under development

Homebee

1 hour ago, stevehnz said:

Absolutely, although, do we know if Bat Project is plastic or resin?

Steve.

I think all their previous releases have been injection moulded but their most recent release, the He114, is going for about £45 so gawd knows how much this one will be.  Probably too much for me which is a pity as I'd REALLY like a DH.86.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Meatbox8 said:

Probably too much for me which is a pity as I'd REALLY like a DH.86

Me too, they were operated in NZ pre-war & during, I'd love to do one in one of the pre-war airlines colours. I think it was Union Airways that flew them without consulting my refs.

Steve.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

I think all their previous releases have been injection moulded but their most recent release, the He114, is going for about £45 so gawd knows how much this one will be.  Probably too much for me which is a pity as I'd REALLY like a DH.86.

Rug Rat is about to release DH 86 resin kit in 1/72, price is not known yet (in big H) but their DH 91 Albatross is for  115 GBP. I hope that one will be cheaper and not resin...

https://www.hannants.co.uk/manufacturer/aim-rug-rat-resins/products?setPerPage=25&search_direction=asc&pageID=2

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pinky coffeeboat said:

Who? Bat or Rug?

Jeff

BAT; I have their earlier Gotha bomber kit, which I won cheap on eBay about 5 years ago and is very similar to A-Model in standard .  But I wouldn't even consider Rug Rat....their earlier DH86 was awful, with one-piece resin wings and nacelles with wheels cast in, but an ok vacform fuselage.

• Like 2

• 8 months later...

It appears that BAT Project is a company whose business consists of announcing projects —— and nothing more. Can anyone remember anything they have actually released. I can’t. More’s the pity because some of those announcements have been very tasty indeed, ie, the instant DH-86.

They have released some stuff , (last year a German float plane  and a couple of weeks ago on this very forum were the sprue's for their Boeing 307 Stratoliner )

Can't wait for the DH 86 ..I hope it's next after the 307

49 minutes ago, Trenton guy said:

It appears that BAT Project is a company whose business consists of announcing projects —— and nothing more. Can anyone remember anything they have actually released. I can’t. 

Have you tried?

https://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?adv=1&manufacturer_id=362758

https://www.scalemates.com/companies/company.php?id=4911

My bad, although I did try —- to remember. I actually have the He-114. Guess I was thinking of the long promised Do-23, and it seems there were others. Guess if one can’t retain all of the stash in the front of one’s mind then the stash is too big.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 10:33 PM, Neil Lambess said:

It's scary how close we are getting to the 100th aniversary of the Frog /Penguin DH 86  .! Be great to have a second injection moulded one :)...

There were (in Frog Penguin) some very interesting kits no taken as 1/72 injection kit subject ever later, like besides DH 86  the Short Empire or Short Singapore. Maybe for years they were considered subject covered already by the Penguin kits? 

J-W