T-54b

Hewy

On 02/01/2020 at 21:36, vppelt68 said:

You don't take the real stuff to a huge white studio and then take pics and say they're of models

Vp your far too kind,

Cheers pal

On 06/01/2020 at 16:09, PlaStix said:

Gallery by Sunday?.....if not sooner?

Kind regards,

Just got the wheels of the transporter on, gallery By tomorrow, or thursday, stix i promise ,its all done, 

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 2

finished , I've not put the machine gun on because it just didn't  look right, i over flat coated it a while back and it completely killed a lot of the contrast ,so some bits had to be redone , its turned out ok though after some touching up, the transporter and the little T-54 are really superb kits and build up beautifully , 

Most enjoyable gb , probably a bit too quick out of the traps, and then got sidetracked

Big thumbs up to @vppelt68 and @PlaStix   👍👍

MgnlkrN.jpg

UpCES74.jpg

tzcd1MK.jpg

930ahYX.jpg

CR9vL3P.jpg

f5haKlq.jpg

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

Awesome result on both models Glynn, hard to believe that these are in 1/72 scale.

The weathering on both looks really good and extremely realistic.

Cheers craig, i enjoyed  building this pair, and for once it  all came together, could have ironed out a couple if bits that are under zoom ,but i like them  both, 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, exdraken said:

seems we had very similar subjects in the end (tank wise at least) ;)

Cheers werner ,yes we did ,there was another syrian scheme in the box too from the yom Kippur war.

Wow!! Now that is very impressive - especially in 1/72. Your paintwork and weathering make it easily look like it should be 1/35 scale!! Utterly, utterly awesome!! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

very impressive - especially in 1/72

Massive complement and coming from a master of painting and weathering such as you stix,  and seeing as 72nd is a not often modelled scale for me ,thats most appreciated  thank you,

Glynn ,one for the road

6o42eIw.jpg

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 4

Hi Glynn,

I have been popping in now and then and I've been amazed by your 1/72nd foray. You said at such a small scale you can't see the mistakes. I disagree. A tiny mistake looks HUGE on something that small! I couldn't believe this was 1/72nd anyway. When I first saw it I thought 'how on earth does someone build not just a 1/35th tank but the transporter as well, in 3 months?!'

Stunning work!

Rearguards,

Badder

• Thanks 1