T-54b

Hewy

8 hours ago, diases said:

Transporter looks mighty fine, and makes a nice combo.

Yes ,about that, unfortunately i can find no evidence that syria used the maz 537 even though they are mad for soviet weopons and armour , so i can see three options ,1, build another 72nd tank in either iraqi,(captured by the iranians )or an iranian tank   there is a decal option in the box for an iranian maz ,2  do the afghan version of the maz transporter ,once again decals in the box,but build another 72nd tank in Afghan colours, 3 ,dont worry about references and make up or paint a syrian flag on  each  door, what do you think 

22 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Yes ,about that, unfortunately i can find no evidence that syria used the maz 537 even though they are mad for soviet weopons and armour , so i can see three options ,1, build another 72nd tank in either iraqi,(captured by the iranians )or an iranian tank   there is a decal option in the box for an iranian maz ,2  do the afghan version of the maz transporter ,once again decals in the box,but build another 72nd tank in Afghan colours, 3 ,dont worry about references and make up or paint a syrian flag on  each  door, what do you think 

There's one at the bottom of this thread, and apparently there are decals for a Syrian version in the Trumpeter 1/35 kit so there may be pics in a review of that.

Syrian MAZ

Andy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Foxbat ,you star,do you know I've  typed in every possible combination of maz and syria, yes i agree the time scale is completely off , only  by about 45  years or so for my yom kippur example, and the one in the link, but, its a strong enough connection for me ,(ok the russians may have bought it with them) but it is a tank gb after all

,but  maybe,just maybe the syrians had the maz in 73🤔 , but in a lighter desert  colour i did paint it with a base coat easily modified for other examples.

Nicely found andy👍

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Glynn. This looks like it's going to be stunningly impressive! Looking forward to seeing more! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix 

Ahh stix ,ta pal ,your too kind ,i have started painting bits of the maz  undersides with the brush😳, I've taken your previous advice and tips  on board, and I'm using revell aqua  paints , when thinned with just water leave a really nice finish, looks like a brush painted old school  gb should be in order 🤔

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/11/2019 at 15:41, PlaStix said:

Hi Glynn. Can we hope to see some progress photos of your impressive project in the near future?

Kind regards,

Stix

I was letting every one catch up stix,i didn't  want it to seem like i was rushing,  but I've  weathered my diorama,  the wheels still need doing though , and I've  given the t-54 a coat of satin clear, i didn't  like the flat,  it completely  killed some details, so they'll  be redone, I'll  post up later

I gave the tank a coat of satin as i said earlier as the alclad flat cote i used was so flat it killed quite a bit of detail, which will need to be re applied, the diorama only has its wheels loosly on atm, as you can see  it's had a wash, and a bit of weathering, I'll  slightly dust the windows and have a go at weathering the  rubber tyres next

vDySl27.jpg

7TrBRhb.jpg

nWvoJek.jpg

dGUWYVR.jpg

uUTLXvL.jpg

• Like 8

Cheers dan,  still a some to do, but I'm ahead of the game a bit ,maybe ott for some but thats how i like em ,I'm  thinking of trying to cast at least the cabs  rubber tyres in resin, if the  fourgon beer vans tyres turn out ok  I'll  give it a go i reckon, i really don't like rubber tyres

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, modelling minion said:

That looks awesome mate, the weathering on the tank and transporter are really good. I'm looking forward to seeing your dusty windows!

Cheers pal, a bit of deft masking and a dusting of buff ,and fingers crossed, not keen on even attempting to weather rubber tyres though. 

On a lighter note, I've ordered  from mike a long standing favourite, the recently released icm 32nd gladiator,i reckon it'll  be one of my more  recent acquisitions I'll  tuck straight into, must get some 0.5  uschi rigging line, mrs hewys nicker elastic thread won't do here ! 😋  

• Like 1

Oh wow!! They are both looking superb Glynn! Amazing modelling as always. Fantastic weathering and finish on both! :worthy: Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, PlaStix said:

Oh wow!! They are both looking superb Glynn! Amazing modelling as always. Fantastic weathering and finish on both! :worthy: Looking forward to seeing the final result.

Kind regards,

Stix

As always stix, most kind, cheers pal

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

looking really nice like this. Does that truck have one wheel more inwards then the others?

Thanks S glad you like it , none of the wheels are fixed  for now ,some are more located than others  in the photo, they're a tight fit ,and i want to see how they can be weathered before fixing, i may have a go at making a two part silicone mold and making some resin,tyres- wheels , but I'm so busy currently i haven't  had much spare  time ,

Cheers

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Glynn. I'm just checking how much progress you have managed to make on this superb project? 

I'm hoping it's finished and will be in the Gallery soon. 🤞

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Thanks 1

On 19/12/2019 at 17:32, PlaStix said:

I'm hoping it's finished and will be in the Gallery soon.

Thanks  stix It most certainly will be finished and in the gallery this week for sure pal  ,  even though I've been sidetracked by a a little project in the vehicles section

• Like 2

Good to hear that it's going to be finished in time Glynn. I'm looking forward to seeing the photos. I'll try and catch up with your project in the vehicle section too.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Hi Glynn,

Wow!

Just 'Wow!' to all of it.

The camo on the tank is utterly superb. I couldn't do that well in 1/35th, let alone 1/72nd.

Rearguards and Happy New Year,

Badder

• Thanks 1

Hi Glynn. Hope you are well. I'm just checking to make sure you'll be able to get your 5 photos of your rather excent project in the Gallery by Sunday?.....if not sooner?

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1