1/72 - Martin (Glenn L.) B-10/B-12 family by Special Hobby and Azur-FRROM - released - new boxing

Homebee

Now we need WH-3.

Unfortunatly i'm rather pessimistic about that as that would mean significant changes to the mould.

Now i will finally be able to use some of my Flevo decals set.

It will mean a whole new kit as only the tailfeathers, landing gear and part of the interior can be used.  So 3 new sprues. Also the possibilities are limited with only the Dutch using it operational and a few flew in Australia with USAAF markings as hacks, the Japanese had one or two as captured testplanes and the Thai received  9 ex Dutch from the Japanese  But i will give it a try with our Czech friends. Who knows how a cow catches a hare (famous Dutch saying) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Branky said:

Who knows how a cow catches a hare (famous Dutch saying) 

Well that's easy!

The cow hides behind a clump of grass and mimics the sound of a carrot.

Job done!

:coat:

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

A few photos have recently been posted on Facebook of the long glasshouse version in service. One interior shot from inside the glasshouse looking forward, made me realise that the extended glasshouse enabled the pilot and rear gunner to see and communicate with each other. Was obviously a really good idea.,    

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ian Hunter said:

A few photos have recently been posted on Facebook of the long glasshouse version in service. One interior shot from inside the glasshouse looking forward, made me realise that the extended glasshouse enabled the pilot and rear gunner to see and communicate with each other. Was obviously a really good idea.,    

Could you post a link to that please?

• Like 1

I made the williams brothers kit a couple years ago.  It wasn't terrible.  It was actually better than some major manufacturers' kits and looks terrific in the cabinet.  Having said that, I would sure love to do an updated kit with better detail... maybe in a camouflage to offset the beautiful yellow and blue B-10 in my cabinet! ;) 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
12 hours ago, Patton610 said:

Are these out in the wild? I've been looking for the US version and it's still listed as a future release . In one of the others seem to be listed online either. 

I got the  B-10 Export WH-2/WAA couple weeks ago directly from Special hobby. Took around 10 days to get here in New Mexico. Make sure you use the shipping from the Netherlands because shipping is cheaper and seems to be faster. Well faster at this time with what is going on.

I don't think the US version is out yet.

Rick

The way the fuselage is split into top/bottom halves is a smart one. The top and bottom fuselage sections are corrugated which makes it difficult not to obliterate that detail on the Williams kit, which is split the conventional way.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...