1/72 - Martin (Glenn L.) B-10/B-12 family by Special Hobby and Azur-FRROM - released - new boxing

Homebee

Special Hobby & Azur-FRROM are working on a 1/72nd Martin (Glenn L.) B-10/B-12 family 

Source: https://www.facebook.com/specialhobby/photos/a.579303855843312/747141085726254/

The half mold of clear parts for upcoming kits 1/48 Reggiane Re 2000, 1/48 Reggiane Re 2005 and 1/72 B-10/12 bomber. The mold is not yet polished. Both Reggiane kits will be available in early 2020. The B-10/12 bomber is a joint project Special Hobby and Azur / Frrom

71152958-747141092392920-132235997877370

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Well, is it 1st of April today? :)  What a surprise! Especially with existing Williams Bros kit. Still no Douglas B 23 Dragon, neither Curtiss Shrike machines on the market... (as injection kits). Maybe them as next???

Regards

J-W

• Like 1

Good morning

Good news for those interested in the B-10 family but what about the Two stage engines Mosquitoes announced more than 2 years ago

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235020219-two-stage-mosquito-announcement/ ?

And about the Mirage III family ?

I really like the Special Hobby kits I have several of their kits in my stash I am currently working on the P40K and P40N and I really hope that the Mosquitoes and Mirage III will be released soon ..

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good morning

Good news for those interested in the B-10 family but what about the Two stage engines Mosquitoes announced more than 2 years ago

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235020219-two-stage-mosquito-announcement/ ?

And about the Mirage III family ?

I really like the Special Hobby kits I have several of their kits in my stash I am currently working on the P40K and P40N and I really hope that the Mosquitoes and Mirage III will be released soon ..

Patrice

Do you know how long I waited for SH to release their B-18? Years! Then I had to wait another couple years for them to do a Digby version.

So I can now ditch my Williams Brothers Kit?

Chris

12 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Do you know how long I waited for SH to release their B-18? Years! Then I had to wait another couple years for them to do a Digby version.

So I can now ditch my Williams Brothers Kit?

Chris

Good afternoon Chris

I hope that you won't have to wait too long before the realease of the SH kit ...

All the best

Patrice

• Like 1

On 02/10/2019 at 18:37, Fulcrum@ said:

what a news  !!!

thanks !

how many years the Williams kit have ?

I believe the Williams kit first appeared circa 1976.

If SH/Azur can marry their new kit with the decal sheet that came with the last iteration of WB kit, it is win, win and win.

Tommo.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JWM said:

I've found unexpected scheme:

3_1.jpg

That's the Martin 166, which was the final development with changed sweep back on wing outer panels, new canopy and blunter nose shape. Would be great if they did that, but probably unlikely as so different from the 139 and only built for the Dutch.

• Like 2

Actually, there are differences between the USAAC B-10 and ALL the export versions, though (unlike the radical changes on the long canopy WH-3/3A) most are confined to the engine cowling and nacelle.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, janneman36 said:

The Williams is still an nice kit but difficult to obtain. 

But still looking forward to this👍

Cheers, Jan

Yeah! with a little bit of care and attention the WB B-10 builds up very nicely if one replaces the glazed parts - shall we say basic but nice. But definatley showing its age.

I recall it was re-issued a couple of years back with a mega decal  sheet 20 or so different option if memory serves, hence why I said earlier it would be great if WB re-issued their decal sheet to go along with this kit.

A great piece of thinking by SH/Azur, I for one is looking forward to an up to date B-10 kit.

Tommo,

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I believe the Williams kit first appeared circa 1976.

If SH/Azur can marry their new kit with the decal sheet that came with the last iteration of WB kit, it is win, win and win.

Tommo.

this one ? 😉

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1