A Corsair and a bit F243 (NOVO Cat No 78053) +++FINISHED+++

Johnson

They're absolutely stunning Charlie, you have done a grand job fella.  I have delayed getting a Corsair after the Sword Skyraider caught my eye, and then a Freightdog Seafire I  but after seeing this the Corsair is next on the shopping list.

Great work

All the best

Chris

On 13/10/2019 at 14:55, Jinxman said:

Must be one or two modelling emporiums in Athens - also a nice military museum from memory....😀

Didn't manage to find a model shop in Athen. However the Jockney clan then flew on to Rome.

And i failed to find a single kit, lots of Lego and jigsaws, but no kits.

I can only think all our Italian and Greek BM members must use mail order ?

Apologies for the thread hijack !

Cheers Pat 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

I can only think all our Italian and Greek BM members must use mail order ?

Bit of a sign of the times Pat. I think the internet and mail order have killed a lot of model shops. Our one and only model shop in Taunton closed a few years ago, though there are two down in Exeter.

• Like 1

Hi Charlie

When I was in Taunton a couple of years ago I did not see any model shops, but now I know why. Seem to remember finding a good old fashioned tobaccanist though on St James St?

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, PeterB said:

When I was in Taunton a couple of years ago I did not see any model shops, but now I know why.

Well, I suppose I'm not being entirely accurate Pete. It was Mikron Model Railways, near the Station. Nice shop. I bought an 1/72 Airfix Spitfire MkI/IIa there just before it closed. My wife said 'You'll never make that', thinking I'd just add it to the stash. But it got made shortly after and turned out quite well, 19 Sqn at Duxford 1938 in their old WZ codes. Funny thing is that particular kit doesn't seem to be around now, not even eBay and King Kit last time I looked.

Oops, looks like I hi-jacked my own thread. Pat's fault! ;)

• Sad 1