"STUKA ZU FUSS"-Sd.Kfz.251/1 Ausf. D mit Schwerer Wurfrahmen 40

It's looking very good so far. :yes:

A word to the wise.  The download size of your pics is a bit enormous.  I tested one and it was coming in at 2.5mb and was 4032 x 2910, which is a huge number for a pic online.  The forum software has to load the whole pic, then interpolate it down to fit within the forum space, so saving off your pics at a lower resolution will both save folks from waiting to load them, and reduce the footprint of your album online, plus the upload time for you when you initially add them to your online library :)  

You should be looking at around 200kb for a properly optimised photo, which loads almost instantaneously, rather than leaving the flashing grey box displaying while it slogs away in the background loading these larger pics.  Have a look at optimisation for web, and try to keep your pics to around 1024x800 pixels, and around the 200kb maximum mark.  Hope that helps ;)

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, scottie3158 said:

That's a great looking build. I really like the interior details and weathering.

Thanks Scottie......it's been a pleasant build, and brought back a big appreciation of Tamiya and the fit and simplicity of the old one's for upgrading.

14 hours ago, Dads203 said:

The paint work is looking truly excellent so far, nice to see it taking shape and so well. Gotta love these older tamiya kits and what a great paint job does.

Thanks 203.....appreciate that......and yes, as I said to Scottie, the old Tamiya kits are under appreciated........and cheap  :D

14 hours ago, Mike said:

It's looking very good so far. :yes:

A word to the wise.  The download size of your pics is a bit enormous.  I tested one and it was coming in at 2.5mb and was 4032 x 2910, which is a huge number for a pic online.  The forum software has to load the whole pic, then interpolate it down to fit within the forum space, so saving off your pics at a lower resolution will both save folks from waiting to load them, and reduce the footprint of your album online, plus the upload time for you when you initially add them to your online library :)  

You should be looking at around 200kb for a properly optimised photo, which loads almost instantaneously, rather than leaving the flashing grey box displaying while it slogs away in the background loading these larger pics.  Have a look at optimisation for web, and try to keep your pics to around 1024x800 pixels, and around the 200kb maximum mark.  Hope that helps ;)

Cheers Mike, and sorry about pic size.... I just picked up a new iPhone and these are the first one's I've taken on it.    I think it takes larger pictures than my old phone. I've starting setting the size now before I load up to Imgur.....

21 minutes ago, Redcoat2966 said:

Cheers Mike, and sorry about pic size.... I just picked up a new iPhone and these are the first one's I've taken on it.    I think it takes larger pictures than my old phone. I've starting setting the size now before I load up to Imgur.....

It's easy done.  It was more of a "for your info" than an admonishment, so no apology necessary ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Morning all.....an update on the project. Still have a ton of weathering on the exterior, but managed to get the rocket system all put together. Again, all needing final weathering. I decided on keeping the rocket racks a separate shade of DG, as though added to the vehicle at a later date. I hope to get chipping and then detail highlighting done prior to winter white wash stage done over the weekend.

Interior stowage and equipment an ongoing project in parallel.

3JGJsaX.jpg

Fvg4fyh.jpg

ehPFmOy.jpg8fUsXTH.jpgQZZtkqQ.jpgo8h91Sk.jpgWkxwgqJ.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

Coming along a treat, paint work exemplary, particularly like the wood affect. 

Looking forward to the next installment. 

Thanks 

Darryl 

2 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Superb work there Simon. The interior looks a treat.

John.

6 minutes ago, Hamden said:

That looks stunning!

Roger

Thanks Gent's.....appreciate the :yes:..........found myself up at 3am this morning....so thought "why not get some bench time in"....:D. I find myself at present battling with KitKat aluminium foil and some helmets, doing my own camo' covers.....might show the results later...

Thanks again.

• Like 2

Morning all......havn't moved massively forward, out all day and night yesterday. Did get the chipping of the main hull done though. A lot will be lost to the winter white wash layer coming next. The rocket racks will be done separately to give a distinct difference in the final  finish.

9JQNKI0.jpg

I'll see if I can get the worn winter camo' done today....if not, later in the week....cheers all..:yes:

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, vaoinas said:

The weathering looks very nice on this one.

I also love what you have done with the wooden racks of the rockets. They really look very wooden.

Thanks Vaoinas  :yes:............I did the rocket crates in various shades, as I noticed in a few archive pictures they were. Most probably from differing manufacturers or as they were disposable, any wood suitable.

For me, best to start with a really light shade. Then I used a wood deck wash by AK in two shades (light and dark) and then some pigments to pick out depth on the construction.

Thanks again mate...:yes:

32 minutes ago, Robert Jan Scholte v. Mast said:

Wauw! Outstanding work Simon! 

Robert Jan

Thanks Robert..........:yes:.....next step, winter white wash....:think:

48 minutes ago, FrancisGL said:

Hi Simon,

I'm sorry I missed this, but lately I don't have time for the hobby.
That said, your work so far is Magnificent, I love how it looks, I hope to see it finished...:popcorn:
Cheers Simon. 👍

Hi Francis, thanks for that mate. I know that feeling mate on getting time at the bench.........

I'm enjoying this one a lot. An early Tamiya kit, with lots of opportunities for scratch and upgrading. I'm in the planning stage of turning the early Tamiya 251 "Hanomag" into the ambulance version.... aim to get this one buttoned up though before I kick that one off.

Thanks again...:yes:

• Like 1

Very nice , Simon. Again this surreal appearance with high contrast between sections.  I wonder how these models would look in daylight Fotos. 

I like it a lot though.

Edited by Soeren

22 hours ago, Soeren said:

Very nice , Simon. Again this surreal appearance with high contrast between sections.  I wonder how these models would look in daylight Fotos. 

I like it a lot though.

Hi Soeren, thanks mate......... here's a couple in the not so sunny Midlands today. Not much different, other than the effects on colour by natural light.....anyway, winter white wash today or tomorrow, so a lot will be lost anyway as regards weathering and chipping.....

chat later.

7I40oLJ.jpg

HzsNvus.jpg

1ouCzjo.jpg

• Like 6

Coming along brilliantly, paint and weathering first rate,  the scuffs, scrapes and scratches etc really make it.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the white wash.

Great work

Darryl 

On 11/7/2019 at 6:54 AM, Jasper dog said:

Coming along brilliantly, paint and weathering first rate,  the scuffs, scrapes and scratches etc really make it.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the white wash.

Great work

Darryl 

Thanks Darryl.....:yes:

Here's where I'm leaving the old winter camo'.....I decided on a very subtle end of season remains of the white wash. A lot of the side has the rocket racks so you don't get to see much anyway. I'm working on those today and tonight if I can.

catch you all later.

zXRYoes.jpg

qqC1DPf.jpg

Edited by Redcoat2966
  • Like 5