VT-55, Armada hobby 1/72

Silenoz

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yeah, had some progress... after repairing the disaster...

679871-11032-28.jpg

the model felt like an aircraft and took a plunge... flight was uncontrolled, and the subsequent landing was no better...

Luckily no small parts were yet added, and most connections were clean... so it looked worse then it was...

Started dressing up the tank and looking where the gaps are... it will still need a lot of sanding and dryfitting to loose some gaps.

680848-11032-98.jpg

680849-11032-84.jpg

680851-11032-70.jpg

The brackets for the tow-bar aren't included for some reason...

Also started cleaning up the tracks... Oh boy... I wish I ordered some from OKB grigorov... this will be hell...

680852-11032-94.jpg

One side is ok, but the connection from the track to the pouring block will be disaster to clean... so I'm in for the long ride.. opening up all the holes and trying to save the outside detail which is filled with glue in the master...

680850-11032-79.jpg

• Like 3

Well the main structure is looking superb - despite the gaps - but I agree.........I think those tracks are going to be a lot of work! Good luck!!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

Started cleaning the first piece of track... filing most excess away, opening the holes for the sprocket teeth, etc...

1.5h later, I was here:

681880-11032-96.jpg

Not even close to be finished, and then still 5 more to go... my time left for this groupbuild will be fully spent on this...

So I've ben checking the internet for a replacement in 1/72, and ordered these from ACE

208926-12155-40-pristine.jpg

The crane was still in dryfit (still is actually) but had a lot of gaps etc... Due to the warped fenders, the mounting block was sloped, so I scraped it , made a new shim:

681885-11032-98.jpg

681886-11032-40.jpg

Dryfit looks better (not so much gaps), also with the crane on top... now straighten up that cylinder and another part ready.

Next up was the dozer blade. It is fixed in the raised position, and I want it down...:

681883-11032-13.jpg

Before cutting I wanted to make the cylinder, so being creative with leftover PE-fret, styrenerod and sprue gave me this puzzle:

681882-11032-23.jpg

And when the puzzle is assembled:

681881-11032-95.jpg

The cylinderrod is too long... but that will be solved when fixing this to the tank hull...

Cylinder removed from the basepart:

681925-11032-31.jpg

and dryfit on the hull

681926-11032-83.jpg

Edited by Silenoz
  • Like 3

Excellent progress Silenoz despite all the "fun" you are having with it in places. And I think it was a really good idea to get the replacement tracks! :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Not a lot of progress lately, during the christmass holiday SWMBO had a pretty large list of tasks to perform. Ordered the tracks, and hope these will arrive this week... but it will be too late to reach the finish in time. Maybe I can manage a naked kit... but it would be a shame to rush this one...

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Silenoz said:

Not a lot of progress lately, during the christmass holiday SWMBO had a pretty large list of tasks to perform. Ordered the tracks, and hope these will arrive this week... but it will be too late to reach the finish in time. Maybe I can manage a naked kit... but it would be a shame to rush this one...

Hi Silenoz. That's a real shame. This was an impressive project and I'm sorry it won't make it into the Gallery. And I agree - it's not a project to rush. Take you time and still carry on posting so we can follow the final stages of your fantastic build.

Kind regards,

Stix