OA-37 European one camo.

tonywood

Not an easy one... This is the official camo scheme from USAF T.O. 1-1-4

94eb3835-df56-4746-87e6-77fd4f490218.jpg

A few problems here: first, the drawing is for the original SEA scheme with grey lower surfaces but the notes mention that the lower surfaces should be painted following the scheme for the upper surfaces.

More important: the colours are those of the SEA scheme, even adding the lower camo would result in the wrong scheme for you.. and there's no mention of the colours to be used to replace the Tan... was it FS 36118 or 36081 ?

I've seen only a few pictures of USAF A/OA-37s in the Europe 1 scheme, IMHO the grey was 36081. At the same time the scheme does not seem to have been exactly the one shown in the T.O. 1-1-4., but this also happens with aircraft in the SEA scheme. The darker green may have been replaced with FS 34092, that was the correct colour for the Europe 1 scheme.

Said that, not all grey/green OA-37s were in the Europe 1 scheme... many, particularly in the ANG, carried a 2-colour scheme with Green FS 34079 and Grey FS 36081. So it would be useful to understand if your aircraft carried one scheme or the other... I have not seen any official drawing for this scheme, Encore includes one option in the scheme in their 1/48 rebox of the Monogram kit, if you can find a set of instructions from that kit it may be the best way to know the details of the scheme

Maybe things are completely different though....

The OA-37s seem to have carried a 2-colour scheme and not the proper Europe 1 3-colour scheme. The colours were Green FS 34079 and Grey FS 36081. Unfortunately the scheme used was quite different from the one in the T.O. 1-1-4, There may have been aircraft in the proper Europe 1 scheme but I've not seen any in pictures.

Your best bet may be finding the instructions for the Encore Models A-37B kit, that included an ANG aircraft in this scheme