“God himself could not sink this ship” (Acadamy 1:700)

OK - So having failed the D-Day GB and foregoing the Year Born GB (late start meaning I wouldn't have time to do the planned kit justice), I'm looking to kick-start myself here with the planned Titanic build; it's the kit with the light set and I have a wooden decking kit (lights and wood are both firsts for me). I was going to switch tack and build a London Cab under "The Knowledge" but decided to stay on course so lets see what the next few weeks bring :fingerscrossed:

2hoQeko%5D

2hoR4fs%5D

2hoQexn%5D

2hoNivZ%5D

• Like 10

1 minute ago, wimbledon99 said:

I can see three links and one photo. The first link goes to a photo of the box. The 2nd & 3rd link’s are dead ends ? 

Dennis

5 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

works for me fine, do you need my glasses Dennis? :D

Hmm maybe its my phone ? No my glasses are ok. For some reason It wont accept the 2nd and 3rd links ? I just get the flickr log in screen. If you can see it them then im the one losing out here ? Hopefully the rest of wimbledons posts will be ok. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Hmm maybe its my phone ? No my glasses are ok. For some reason It wont accept the 2nd and 3rd links ? I just get the flickr log in screen. If you can see it them then im the one losing out here ? Hopefully the rest of wimbledons posts will be ok. 

Have you tried refreshing the page, Dennis. Maybe the phone has cached the original post??

• Thanks 1

On 10/2/2019 at 11:35 PM, Murdo said:

This looks very interesting!

Does it come with all the hull portholes etc bored out?

Hi Murdo,

Yep, everything drilled out!

It's not hugely detailed and I'm sure the Titanic aficionados would have lots to say about it but this one is a bit of modelling fun from my perspective so I won't be stressing over the 'authenticity' of the finished build :wink:

Right, I've kicked off with the stand and the hull. Lights are also installed and tested OK

2hrJrak%5D

2hrHqU1%5D

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Valkyrie said:

This looks great!!! Lights scare me, but il take a look. VERY neat bench 

Thanks Valkerie  :happy:  The bench has been mentioned before; along with 'slight OCD' :wink:

Right, you had better cover your eyes if lights scare you!!

2hrZs5k%5D

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Holes now drilled and a tad more progress. Here's the 'before and after' pictures of the first deck. Having not used the wood decking before, I thought I'd opt for the piece that would be seen the least. Transpires it was probably the most awkward to fit but I'm hoping the rest is all downhill from here :think:

2hrVN31%5D

2hwYHZR%5D

• Like 6

More decks done now. Here are some 'before', one 'during and a few 'after' photos (all parts are dry fitted for now). I have to say that I believe these wooden decks transform this basic kit. They must look outstanding on larger, more detailed models!!

2hrZsxa%5D

2hrVMYi%5D

2hrZvj7%5D

2hzFNgq%5D

2hzFzV5%5D

2hzKouR%5D

2hzKoyZ%5D

• Like 11

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Sorry I missed the start of this, what looks to be, a very impressive project in prospect. I like these kits with the extra things like lights, etc. Many, many years ago I made a couple of the Star Trek kits that came with lights. And that wooden decking impressively adds to the appearance. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

On 10/27/2019 at 7:51 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Nigel. Hope you are well. Sorry I missed the start of this, what looks to be, a very impressive project in prospect. I like these kits with the extra things like lights, etc. Many, many years ago I made a couple of the Star Trek kits that came with lights. And that wooden decking impressively adds to the appearance. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

Hi Stix, I'm well thanks; hope you are too. It's not very detailed but it's fun :happy: Glad you like her so far. The lights make it more interesting (as you'll know from your Star Trek builds). Just hoping I finish this one!

On 10/28/2019 at 1:08 PM, HoolioPaulio said:

This looks ace, might have to look at picking one up to build for my dad at some point as he loves the Titanic.  The wood decking looks very smart mate.

Hi and thank you. It's a fun build so you should have double the pleasure (building and then giving to your Dad). I picked this up quite cheaply on eBay; good luck with the search!! 🍀

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time for an update!!

I had to drop this for some pre-Cristmas decorating (two rooms gutted, re-plastered, skirting, paint and carpets :hungover: ). Now they are done, I reckon two weeks should be enough time to complete this build (before I start on the hallway, landing and stairs :facepalm: )

Some progress today at the bow

2i9vReH%5D

• Like 6

Hi Nigel and Happy New Year. Hope you are well. Sounds like you have been very busy but it’s good to see this project has had some attention. And it's looking very smart too! Lovely progress. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Hi Stix,

All good thanks. Happy New Year to you (and Mrs. Stix) too

Lots going on at home and as usual, taking longer than planned. This build is not getting the attention I had originally hoped but fingers crossed it will be enough to complete in time

Cheers

Nigel

• Like 2