1 72 scale German 88mm in church dio.

Hi guys have been planning on building this since I bought some great

church windows but could not find a 88 mm gun in my scale anywhere, in the end I bought Zvezda 88 kit and had a some hasagawa wheels from a earlier conversion (not great but with a bit of extra work not bad)
The church I built from foam sheet and had to build a front and back to sandwich the windows .The virgin mary was difficult to find in the size I wanted also very expensive for a two inch figure, the figs are Ceaser.

20190705_160258 20190707_072422 DSCN7569

DSCN7568 DSCN7551 DSCN7554 DSCN7550 DSCN7566 DSCN7565 DSCN7560 DSCN7564 DSCN7563 DSCN7558 DSCN7557 DSCN7561

• Like 24

Hi Bazer,

That's a nice ruin you've built there, Yep, the stained glass windows look great, and I particularly like the red/orange brickwork and plaster.

I always marvel at you 1/72nd guys. You must have young  eyes, or really good magnifying specs/lamps!

A nice and busy dio.

The only thing I would question (and my great, great, great, great, great x 25 grandfather was 'Tacitius' the Great Roman General, who, whilst never having had knowledge of gunpowder, but being an expert in the deployment and usage of trebuchet and catapult) is aiming the barrel of an AT/AA gun through a restricted opening.

I jest of course. Clearly the 88 was set up with a 'kill zone' in full view.... I imagine a river crossing, or elevated roadway across swampy ground....

See? Your dio got me imagining the action, and that's what dios are all about.

Rearguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Badder said:

Hi Bazer,

That's a nice ruin you've built there, Yep, the stained glass windows look great, and I particularly like the red/orange brickwork and plaster.

I always marvel at you 1/72nd guys. You must have young  eyes, or really good magnifying specs/lamps!

A nice and busy dio.

The only thing I would question (and my great, great, great, great, great x 25 grandfather was 'Tacitius' the Great Roman General, who, whilst never having had knowledge of gunpowder, but being an expert in the deployment and usage of trebuchet and catapult) is aiming the barrel of an AT/AA gun through a restricted opening.

I jest of course. Clearly the 88 was set up with a 'kill zone' in full view.... I imagine a river crossing, or elevated roadway across swampy ground....

See? Your dio got me imagining the action, and that's what dios are all about.

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks Badder glad you like it and it's got you imagining.