Artesania Latina Cutty Sark

kpnuts

I know I'm jumping ahead a bit (well quite a lot) but I thought it might be interesting to add some of the deck furniture.

IMG-20200108-47610.jpg
IMG-20200108-48840.jpg
IMG-20200108-5058.jpg
IMG-20200108-49417.jpg
IMG-20200108-44988.jpg

I made another little jig for the covers for the hatch as there are a lot of them and they all need to be the same.

IMG-20200108-46633.jpg
IMG-20200108-3319.jpg

IMG-20200108-45545.jpg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Ok so I'm back on this, first thing to sort is something that's been bugging me since I noticed it in the photos (didn't notice it on the actual thing for some reason) the cowls the anchor chains go into (sorry dont know what they're called) are not the same distances from the hold frame.

IMG-20200108-44988.jpg

So sorted that (disguising the oldĀ hole was a pain but I dont think it notices now)

IMG-2405.jpg

IMG-2404.jpg

Personally I think this is a great kit (I know some people say otherwise) I dont know anything about the other kit as I've not built them but I'm not too worried about accuracy so i not too bothered about whether it's the right hull lines or too wide, whatever.

Ā 

They give you ample material to build her (up till now since my brother stripped the planking off and I stripped all the decking off) they give you nearly enough to build her twice, i only had to buy 10 strips of decking to finish that off and have not had to buy any of the side planking and still have loads left over the quality of the materials is top notch my only slight complaint is the instructions are quite confusing (that said they give you a full size high quality photo of the finished model so you can measure and check off that)Ā 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, beefy66 said:

This is really taking shape slowly does it and it will look stunning.Ā šŸ‘

Ā 

beefyĀ 

Ā 

I think it will look better than merely "stunning".

Ā 

:party:

More work on her, the forward cabins were very confusing.

The steps were a pain to fit and to be honest they couldn't be used anyway, look where they are you would have to get round the belaying pins and anyway they come out under the poop deck (incidentally that is exactly where the instructions tell you to put them.

Ā 

IMG-20200310-203955-429.jpg
IMG-2443.jpg
IMG-2444.jpg
IMG-20200310-203955-427.jpg

IMG-2450.jpg
IMG-2449.jpg
IMG-2451.jpg

• Like 5

Hi well I've got the latrines and the latrines pump done, this is such a major undertaking I can see at least another 2 yrs in this kit.
IMG-2465.jpg
IMG-2464.jpg
IMG-2472.jpg
IMG-2473.jpg
IMG-2471.jpg
IMG-2469.jpg
IMG-2470.jpg
IMG-2467.jpg
IMG-2468.jpg
IMG-2466.jpg

• Like 5

Hi all let me start this update by saying (in the politest possible way)

F$%# b%$$/%% hell.

Let me explain.*

I do my modeling in the spare bedroom, I lay a piece of vinyl down on the floor immediately round my work bench and on top of the bench I put the container with all the brass pieces on the bed behind me after removing some parts needed for my next bit of work I set to adding some of the stanchions on the bow and heard this noise as if a plastic container of billions of bits had fallen on the floor, imagine my surprise when turning round to find that is exactly what had happened and of course as it was BEHIND me and not around the vinyl protection area it had fallen on a shag pile carpet, of course the lid came off. So after moving the bed (carpet was under it) shaking the carpet out I got this.

IMG-2520.jpg

And after several hoursĀ 

This

IMG-2519.jpg

So on with the update.

IMG-2527.jpg
IMG-2526.jpg
IMG-2523.jpg
IMG-2522.jpg
IMG-2524.jpg
IMG-2525.jpg

I'm really chuffed with how it's going (I should point out check ALL the stanchinons BEFORE gluing them in place as some of the holes are not clear and removing and drilling them after they are glued in place is no easy task.

• Like 7

Hi all was about to start on the fore mast, but then thought I better sort all the lower stuff before going in an upwards direction.

So first I thought about the problem of doing the portholes heres my answer to getting them all in the right place.

IMG-2539.jpg

IMG-2540.jpg

IMG-2541.jpg

IMG-2542.jpg

IMG-2543.jpg

Then toĀ  do the rudder.

IMG-2545.jpg

IMG-2546.jpg
IMG-2547.jpg

IMG-2548.jpg

• Like 6

I am totally confused with building the yards on this I dont know which bits to use the instructions are pretty much useless assuming you know what bits are what.

I've tried googling for detail of them and all the pics that come up are either too blurred to see or are from behind the mast help please anyone got a picture of the built yard on this kit.