Hasegawa 1/48 Boeing AH-64D-I Saraf

Hello all,

This is my latest build: my second 1/48 AH-64D this year, this time as an Israeli AH-64D-I Saraf. The basic kit is Hasegawa and the conversion is from Wingman Models, including the decals. Gun, pitots and tail aerial are from Master. Paint is Hataka lacquer applied freehand. A full build article, describing how this all went together and what is wrong with it, is here: https://jonbryon.com/hasegawa-1-48-boeing-ah-64d-i-saraf/ 

Thanks for looking.

Jon

ah64di_21.jpg

ah64di_13.jpg

ah64di_18.jpg

ah64di_32.jpg

ah64di_19.jpg

ah64di_31.jpg

ah64di_33.jpg

ah64di_22.jpg

ah64di_35.jpg

ah64di_09.jpg

ah64di_27.jpg

ah64di_71.jpg

ah64di_70.jpg

ah64di_62.jpg

Edited by Jon Bryon
  • Like 46

Jon,

Thanks for posting this (and the WIP). You may recall very kindly selling me one of the Wingman sets earlier in the year so I am now set !. I'm not a huge fan of Israeli subjects but the AH-64D is an exception and I have a previous Hasegawa AH-64D under my belt so I'm confident about doing another one. Whether I will be able to match your immensely high standard will be another matter though.

Well Done Sir !.

Mark 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

30 minutes ago, Tiger331 said:

Thanks for posting this (and the WIP). You may recall very kindly selling me one of the Wingman sets earlier in the year so I am now set !.

I do remember, and I'm very grateful. The story goes that when I came to make this, I could not find the photo-etched fret anywhere. I searched high and low and in the end had to buy another set. My wife was not best pleased (these sets are rather expensive). A couple of weeks later I then found the missing fret behind a cupboard and thus sold you the one I had just bought with some repair made to the family finances...

I hope you enjoy building yours. It does make for quite a striking subject.

Cheers

Jon

Edited by Jon Bryon
  • Haha 1

Just simply perfect... nice weathering, clean but used looking if you know what i mean..

• Like 1