Google photo.

I assume you know how to access Google Photos? I can't remember if it originally asks you questions when you originally set it up, if it does, let me know and I'll attempt to answer.

Putting you photo onto Google Photos:

When your photo is ready to upload from your computer, click the 'upload' icon on the top row (right hand side).

When the photo has uploaded, it will ask if you want it in a particular album – I recommend that you do put it in an album as it makes things a lot easier to find and I've heard that it causes problems if you want to post the photo on here.

Click on the album in question and then the photo you want to put on here.

Copying it to BM:

Right click and select 'Copy image address'.

Then just paste the link directly into your post.

There is a white arrow in the top left that takes you back to the album, and then a black arrow that takes you back to the main page.

I hope that helps

• Like 1

I'm not 100% certain (not even 50% really), but I'm sure I heard some feedback of trying to use Google that after a while the links break.  Take that with a medium-sized bucket of salt, as things may well have changed by now.  If Google will give you a URL then it's a good chance they have changed. :shrug:

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I'm not 100% certain (not even 50% really), but I'm sure I heard some feedback of trying to use Google that after a while the links break.  Take that with a medium-sized bucket of salt, as things may well have changed by now.  If Google will give you a URL then it's a good chance they have changed. :shrug:

I've also heard that, but I've been using Google Photos since the beginning of this year without any problems.

36 minutes ago, Gorby said:

I've also heard that, but I've been using Google Photos since the beginning of this year without any problems.

Ok, so I think it's time for me to stop saying that then, as it has become disinformation :)

• Like 1

Another case of "take with a pinch of salt", but as far as I can tell Google Photos does not resize photos, so unless you shrink the pic before uploading it you're going to end up with a very large file (yes, I think I am one of those guilty of inflicting these on the site in the past :sorry:).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 30/09/2019 at 16:21, Mike said:

Ok, so I think it's time for me to stop saying that then, as it has become disinformation :)

Perhaps not.

Although I can still see all of my linked photos, after eight months of them working perfectly, I've been told that sometimes they work and sometimes they don't. I never log out of Google so it isn't because of that.

Looks like I need to find a new photo host. :sad:

Hi ,took some photos of some RFI models with my phone ,they were put into dropbox ,it normally sends them straight to my computer .

No luck ,managed to get them on to Google photos ,been trying to get them on to Imgur ,which is my normal way on using them to post on here .

Can't seem to do that ,can i post photos straight from google on to here .

Sorry if the answer has already been posted earlier in the thread ,put my head hurts and i can't find it .

6 minutes ago, cocky05d said:

can i post photos straight from google on to here .

It is possible but I wouldn't advise it. The links break after a while - mine did recently.

The older Google Picasa provides links to embed the pictures externaly. Those links and pictures are still valid, but it is no more possible to add pictures to Picasa.

It was replaced by Google Photos, but it states explicitly on help pages, that embedding the pics on external sites is NOT supported and any tricks will not work forever. You can officially generate links and share them, but with click on it you will see the pictures only on the Google pages.

There is a way doing this with Google Drive, but this is not that easy.

My personal opinion: dropping the embedding feature was one of the reasons to replace Picasa by Photos

Cheers,

Frank

• Like 1