*done* Splinter-camouflaged T-55

vppelt68

The "roinalaatikot" a.k.a. as stowage boxes need some trimming, but they won't get much better than this.

2020-01-02_08-52-05

The side skirts are trimmed in heighth, but not  in shape like they should've have done, as the Finnish Army applied them only under the fender line, not above them too like depicted in the kit. In the end this will look only about 25% more Finnish T-55M than the various -AM2B:s the kit is based on, but that's good enough for me!

2020-01-02_08-52-49

Oh and those spare fuel drums from the back took a hike, we didn't usually use them. They were probably prone to damaging and leaking when these tanks were mostly ran in forests, not in wide open steppes. V-P

• Like 3

4 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Looking rather good V-P!! Keep going!! It will be great to have this in the gallery before midnight on Sunday. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

You won't say that anymore after you've seen these paint sequence pics :sad:. Everything was first painted black and then crudely masked: 

2020-01-06_10-03-11

Once masked, the darker green was drybrushed, more here and less there, once it was applied I added the lighter green and finally some dark grey over the patches that were to remain "black".

2020-01-06_10-40-18

It'd look nice on a wargaming table but not in a modelling contest :rofl2:

2020-01-06_10-41-49

And it's not accurate Finnish T-55M for Modernized, even the colours are a wild guess. Anyways, it'll get its AAMG and some detail painting, plus the Roundels. I believe these are the last build pics. Looks quite possible it'll appear in the Gallery before Sunday, thanks for your support and encouragement, Stix! V-P

• Like 4