*done* Splinter-camouflaged T-55

vppelt68

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, vppelt68 said:

Telford, right, that sounds like an event one should attend at least once in a lifetime...

It's a good show v-p you woud enjoy it no doubt, take a lot of money though, we adults tend to regress into something like children going into a sweetshop 🤗

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Hewy said:

It's a good show v-p you woud enjoy it no doubt, take a lot of money though, we adults tend to regress into something like children going into a sweetshop 🤗

That is so true! Groups of grown (mostly) men running around looking for the newest kits and best bargains is truly a sight to behold!

14 minutes ago, vppelt68 said:

One step at a time... I visited the IWM proper and the RAF museum in Hendon last year, the RIAT and IWM Duxford are on our tour schedule next summer. Telford... Maybe some year? 🙂

You really should come VP, you really would enjoy it. You would be more than welcome to spend some time at my clubs tables and we always look after our international visitors really well. And yes alcohol is involved :) .

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm shocking @PlaStix by posting the first build pic of my T-55 :thumbsup:. Actually this is almost as far as I can go without any reference books, as I have no idea which type of hatches, engine deck etc. I should use. I shall use this book

MuikkuPurhonen.jpg

as my reference but I don't have it in my hands yet... But I can go on painting the lower hull, wheels and tracks anyway, that should keep me busy! V-P

2019-12-10_06-26-57

Edit: which it does indeed. One of those days I'd really appreciate an airbrush...

2019-12-10_07-48-10

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

WOW!!! I am shocked!!! great to see some progress V-P and I hope the book turns up soon!!

Kind regards,

Stix

Thanks Stix, it did! Here's a dry-fit assembly pic of my little -55. I've had some productive hours in these last few days 🙂.

2019-12-11_07-50-52

Next I must splash some washes and then drybrush the tracks before they can be applied.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Silenoz said:

Nice work... You won't add any additional structure on the cuppola?

The jury is still out on this one! I'm aiming for a modest max. 50% accuracy of "finlandizing" my little T-55 so maybe I will, maybe I won´t... V-P

• 2 weeks later...

These tanks looked so big when I was having AT training with them... Tracks are base painted black. When the link'n'lenghts are wrapped allover and cement has cured, I'll add washes and drybrush them. At least those parts that shall remain visible, so not that much!

2019-12-30_05-43-48

• Like 3