Unicraft 1/72 McDonnell (Boeing) X-36

hsr

This is my Unicraft 1/72 McDonnell (now Boeing) X-36. The X-36 was a 28% UAV "Tailless Fighter Agility Research Aircraft" with no vertical fin or rudder and with cunards.  I thought it was really cool looking. Unfortunately the only kit of it available is from Unicraft, which means that what I got was a bunch of shapeless blobs of resin filled with pinholes that had to me shaped into an aircraft. This is an example of the wheel well doors which I didn't use:

kQUwzjqr_o.jpg

but in the end it took just 10 days, of mostly sanding, filling and priming to complete. The decals looked like they were printed on a medium resolution ink jet printer and came with a note saying they needed to be sealed before use. I used Testors Decal Bonding spray which seemed to work well. 

Not one of my best efforts but here it is:

tw7k35aa_o.jpg

Being a UAV the canopy is just there for show and hold a camera for the remote pilot to use. The 2 figures are named Stick and Rudder.

2IRU5Ld4_o.jpg

7N2SQbRr_o.jpg

6aMBrksv_o.jpg

jLve8p3O_o.jpg

q6B1aXcs_o.jpg

For size comparison here it is in its place between my X-32 and X-47

ghGz6rnP_o.jpg

Next up will be the Sharkit X-31 which will be my first Sharkit kit.

Enjoy

• Like 10

On 9/29/2019 at 8:02 PM, hsr said:

For size comparison here it is in its place between my X-32 and X-47

a02ba45f-c3b7-400b-87c1-1bfb57ae41e3.JPG

Nice little model of an interesting subject!  I've got a model of the X-47 in my queue so its surprising how much smaller the X-36 is!

• Thanks 1