1/32 Buccaneer anyone?

bentwaters81tfw

52 minutes ago, speedy said:

Sorry 15?, only 15 kits being made.

You go right back to the beggining of this thread - that was Alan's original intention. If things have changed over the last month or so, you'd better check with Alan!

• Like 1

So, 

Met some gentlemen from Bruntingthorpe who own Buccaneers and when they saw the 32nd Buccaneer rendition, they were pretty impressed and said it looks more or less a Buccaneer. At the London Model Show, also met an engineer who said it conformed to the area rule principle and had all the elusive curves that most others seem to miss. So, my conclusion is, all those who have said it didn't much look like a Bucc or distorted in some way, don't know what a Buccaneer looks like!

Alan

• Like 5

Hot off the press. 

Nigel has done some upscaling work for the two sheets outlined. The upscaling process produces 2x A5 sheets for 7 aircraft options in the case of sheet 137 and 5 options for the sheet 140 

The Sets will be priced at £25.00 each. 

I have also asked about the gulf war sheet option being produced and await a reply. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

Hot off the press. 

Nigel has done some upscaling work for the two sheets outlined. The upscaling process produces 2x A5 sheets for 7 aircraft options in the case of sheet 137 and 5 options for the sheet 140 

The Sets will be priced at £25.00 each. 

I have also asked about the gulf war sheet option being produced and await a reply. 

Thats great. How do we go about paying for these and getting hold of them? Its probably unfair to expect us to be able to buy them via you at £25 a pop so would it be better if we approached Nigel directly to place orders?

Great work by the way!!

Simon

18 minutes ago, Simon Cornes said:

Thats great. How do we go about paying for these and getting hold of them? Its probably unfair to expect us to be able to buy them via you at £25 a pop so would it be better if we approached Nigel directly to place orders?

Great work by the way!!

Simon

What Simon asked ! :D

actually now I think on it I have for my sins an Aerodynamix kit in the stash with unusable decals so I could probably ask for both sheets so in a way that’s 4 orders 

11 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

Great work by the way!!

Simon

I have asked about payment methods and await a reply. I feel it will be direct with Nigel at Kitsworld once he allocates a stock number etc. I dont know about lead in times or when they will become available etc I will try and find out. 

In relation to the Gulf war sheet, Again I asked about whether it is viable to produce in 1/32 and again await a reply.

As to which one I'm not absolutely sure it will matter only whether upscaling to 1/32 is in itself viable. 

I will of course let you know of any replies, that said i'm conscious of pestering Nigel Too much on the lead up to Christmas. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I think you’re being very wise about this. We are almost there and don’t want to turn him off by being over demanding!

I look forward to receiving an update in due course but I don’t expect to get anything until the New Year - a case of rushing slowly!!

• Like 1

I’m sure we’ll all be patient as those that have theirs and started it are way off the decalling stage even if you know what you’d like to do....

For those of us waiting just gives more time to watch your build and be indecisive on the finished look🤔. Although I’m partial to the West Freugh or a Ripple aircraft myself.

• Like 1

NA.39 was one of the early production variants of the Buccaneer S.1. I am aware that the air inlets were smaller due to the Gyron aero engines and there was also an air inlet on the wing fuselage join. There are, however, a few confusing aspects that I have found; for one thing, NA.39 is shorter, also it appears that the fairing leading to the exhaust outlets were of a different profile? Does anybody have any explanations and can verify this information to be correct?

Alan

On 12/12/2019 at 09:37, Simon Cornes said:

I think you’re being very wise about this. We are almost there and don’t want to turn him off by being over demanding!

I look forward to receiving an update in due course but I don’t expect to get anything until the New Year - a case of rushing slowly!!

I have seen Nigel at a number of shows and I met him at Telford. He is very helpful and knows his profession and will always give you a straight answer but Simon is right to tread a careful path, he is a serious person and its wise not to upset people in the industry, I myself, have already been blacklisted by a few people as it only takes one incorrect move or inappropriate comment to change the course of events.

Alan

• Like 1

I received mine today and I couldn't be more impressed. It's an absolute beast and looks extremely well presented together with a sheaf of helpful notes, diagrams and instructions.

Alan @Icelandic Fine Art has done a mind-bendingly good job. 20 years in the making and it's really, really good.

Thank you 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2