1/32 Buccaneer anyone?

bentwaters81tfw

The man is incorrigible!!

Thats an idea - compared Lightning stencils with Bucc stencils and if the shape - never mind the words - are about right then slap them on. Must have a ferret through my decals!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FOLKS,

I have received a reply from Nigel at Kitsworld re the decal sheets. It appears contrary to our grumbling, things have been progressing 

Hi Dave,

I hope you are well,

We have finally completed the upscale decal set for the Buccaneer world operators, and will get the other sheet finalised next week.

The sheets include airframe stencils...... 

As per the email it appear a second sheet will be available next week.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Phartycr0c said:

FOLKS,

I have received a reply from Nigel at Kitsworld re the decal sheets. It appears contrary to our grumbling, things have been progressing 

Hi Dave

do we know the procedure for placing an order with Nigel yet ?  
thanks

John

Hi John,

Iv'e asked that very question to Nigel in reply to the email. As soon as I know, I will let you good folks know. 

As mentioned there is a second sheet being finalised nest week, which one it is I'm not sure 

at least we appear to be moving forward eh? 

• Thanks 1

Really good news Dave, I thought it had gone into touch! As I'm after essentially FAA markings that may be the 'other' sheet for me ? I want the R & D one, KW172140 but no doubt sheet 2 will be Gulf War!!

But progress anyway

The main problem with the 32nd Buccaneer, is that it was never designed to be a model kit and only a one-off. The main problems have only come to light as modellers' attempt to build them. It was only after much interest shown, was I persuaded to 'throw it into action', with whatever limitations that came with it. In fact it was originally designed as a research model and after, no further use was found. Naturally, as I could find no real use for it, no modifications were made to it and I felt it was ok in outline and shape and it could have done with some tweaking here and there, It took an enormous effort and cost to turn it into a model kit and I had to rethink the whole process of industrial design to cast such a large one piece design and was a steep learning curve. The next stage up, is slide mould design, which should make new designs easier to cast. 

Alan

• Like 5

Alan ,  whatever the weaknesses of the kit in your eyes, the fact remains that you brought to the market a buildable 1/32 Buccaneer  and frankly that’s all that matters .

Building this models has taught me more about model making in the 6 months I’ve been working on it , than any number of Tamiya wonder kits , for the first time on many years I’ve felt like a model maker m not an assembler of pieces . Problems have had to be solved , technique’s mastered and spares boxes raided !

The care ad hard work needed to turn the one off into a viable kit is obvious to all of us lucky to own one of them. Keep up the good work , and bring on the Phantom , Jaguar and whatever else , so long as it wears RAF roundels, is 1/32 , and is finished in Dark Sea Grey and Green , I’m in!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, colin ritchie said:

Alan ,  whatever the weaknesses of the kit in your eyes, the fact remains that you brought to the market a buildable 1/32 Buccaneer  and frankly that’s all that matters .

Building this models has taught me more about model making in the 6 months I’ve been working on it , than any number of Tamiya wonder kits , for the first time on many years I’ve felt like a model maker m not an assembler of pieces . Problems have had to be solved , technique’s mastered and spares boxes raided !

The care ad hard work needed to turn the one off into a viable kit is obvious to all of us lucky to own one of them. Keep up the good work , and bring on the Phantom , Jaguar and whatever else , so long as it wears RAF roundels, is 1/32 , and is finished in Dark Sea Grey and Green , I’m in!

Could not have put it better myself :clap:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Actually I want to say here and now out loud a very big thanks and 👏 to both Dave (Phartycr0c) and the people at Kitsworld and to anyone else I am missing who spent their time and energy helping us 1/32 Bucc builders with this. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, JohnT said:

Actually I want to say here and now out loud a very big thanks and 👏 to both Dave (Phartycr0c) and the people at Kitsworld and to anyone else I am missing who spent their time and energy helping us 1/32 Bucc builders with this. 

Seconded.

• Like 2

Well I feel like the odd one out here! I'm as grateful as everyone for Dave's efforts and for Kits World for producing decals but its not the sheet I wanted! I wanted the mainly RN sheet (with the HOSM marked airframe on it) because I want to finish my Bucc in FAA overall EDSG colours so I need stencils that suit  those colours and I don't think the sheet available now quite does that. I know that another sheet will be available soon and I bet its the Gulf War sheet so that won't help me either! So, I will have to make a decision at some point whether to buy the sheet thats available now or hope for a third KW release. Mmmmm........not an easy one. You see you can't please all of the people all of the time!!! I live in hope!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1