Tiran 4 1/35 Finished

Arniec

Okay guys,

Here are two pictures of the box and content. I noticed by opening up that there is a Friul metal track set with it. 

Now I still need to score a metal gun barrel for the 100 mm gun from RB models. Maybee also some .50 gun barrels as well.

O, and also some paint. But I will do that in a couple of weeks, when I have a modelshow in the Netherlands.

Here are the pictures.

IMG_4840 IMG_4841

As you can see, the bags are still sealed. But my hands are itching to start it.

Cheers,

Edited by Arniec
  • Like 3

That looks like it should be a nice kit to build Arnold - and it's great it comes with the Fruil Metal Tracks! Not surprised you cannot wait to get started on it.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

That's a real bonus having Fruilmodel tracks with it. I used those on my Tamiya Tiran 5. I assume that you will be doing a SLA tank as that's the only option in the box. I've decided to build the Miniart one as it has IDF markings. Good luck with the build.

John.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

That's a real bonus having Fruilmodel tracks with it. I used those on my Tamiya Tiran 5. I assume that you will be doing a SLA tank as that's the only option in the box. I've decided to build the Miniart one as it has IDF markings. Good luck with the build.

John.

Yes John, I will be doing a SLA tank. It will be a sand colored one.

Good luck with your build as well.

Cheers,

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Silenoz said:

not one with the different blues? Anyway, enjoy this one.

Maybee I will. I will decide later in the build what scheme I will use.

Cheers,

I have made a start with the model.

The first thing I did was removing the bulges on the side of the hull as per instructions. I already had some contact with Bullbasket about this and at first I also was thinking why remove the bulges and then place new ones? then I noticed with the top hull insert that it sits proud of it so I removed them and place the other later in the build.

Here is a picture after removing them. I still needed to clean it up.

IMG_4845

Then I moved to the wheels etc.

IMG_4846

And then I noticed that if you use the rubber wheels as per instruction they go all over the rim. This is wrong and after looking at some pictures I placed the rubber wheels from the back.

I only did that on the front wheel, otherwise the track horns won't fit between the wheels. I still need to see if it works in the end, but I can always sand in beween them.

IMG_4847

Right as per instructions, left my solution.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 2

'Morning Arnold. I wonder if that thing with the tyres was a mistake by Takom in the instructions. Your correction looks much better. Thanks for the warning.

John.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bullbasket said:

'Morning Arnold. I wonder if that thing with the tyres was a mistake by Takom in the instructions. Your correction looks much better. Thanks for the warning.

John.

I think it is. As I have cleaned up the wheels I have also sanded in between the Rubber tyers to give it a little bit more room for the friul tracks. As the horns seems to be a fraction thicker. 

Cheers,

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Finally a update after more than a week. I have finished the hull and now I still need to do the turret, but I still need a metal barrel for it.

I hope to score that this weekend at a big modelshow in Veldhoven (ESM). 

Here are two pictures of the finished hull.

IMG_4854 IMG_4853

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 6

That looks like excellent progress to me Arnold. The detail on your kit does look impressive. :thumbsup: I'm still trying to work out, from photos online, where all the fuel lines go! The Tamiya Tiran 5 kit doesn't include them so I'm going to have to use some wire to make my own.

Kind regards,

Stix 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

That looks like excellent progress to me Arnold. The detail on your kit does look impressive. :thumbsup: I'm still trying to work out, from photos online, where all the fuel lines go! The Tamiya Tiran 5 kit doesn't include them so I'm going to have to use some wire to make my own.

Kind regards,

Stix 

take a look in the manual from this kit. they are all there en show them in detail. You can also see them on the manual from miniart. take a look here.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/miniart-37029-tiran-4-late-type--1068061

I hope it helps

Cheers,

26 minutes ago, Arniec said:

take a look in the manual from this kit. they are all there en show them in detail. You can also see them on the manual from miniart. take a look here.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/miniart-37029-tiran-4-late-type--1068061

I hope it helps

Cheers,

Hi Arnold! That's great, thank you! Never even thought to look at kit instructions! Doh!

You are a star!

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Thanks John.

Here is another update. As I have been at a model show this weekend I have managed to get the turret done as well.

O, I have replaced the gun barrel with a metal one from Aber.

Here are some pictures. 

IMG_4855 IMG_4856 IMG_4857

I have also got me some paint for this one from Lifecolor (UA20 Israeli sand grey 61-73) . I hope it's the good one.

That is it for now.

Cheers,

• Like 5

Very impressive progress Arnold on what looks to be a very nicely detailed kit. :thumbsup:

I'm looking forward to seeing it with some paint on.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 28 oktober 2019 at 4:47 PM, PlaStix said:

Hi Arnold. Have you had chance to get any paint on yet?

Kind regards,

Stix

No, I haven't . I am working on the metal tracks. When these are ready I will put some paint on. 

Cheers,

• Like 1