1/72 Trumpeter IL-28 Beagle - VPAF 1972

Just finished this one today (2 in one day...!!!).

The old and bold Trumpeter 1/72 IL-28.  These kits can be picked up for peanuts.  Fit is a bit off in places but with the usual effort scrubs up pretty well.  Do not follow the instructions for the pilots cockpit as the seat would be way too low.  I wanted something to go with my Vietnam collection so used spare decals from the stash rather than the box options.  Airbrushed using Tamiya paints (which I totally adore for airbrush work).  Weathered using a Flory dark wash.  EZ Line used for the radio wire.  Very pleased with the way it has turned out and has decent presence on the shelf.

Here we go with the photos:

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers all,

Phil

• Like 55
  • Thanks 1

Best Il-28 build I have seen so far! Beautiful metal finish! I'm guessing the real article had some sort of clear lacquer over the bare metal? (I know very little about the Il-28, but do have this kit- hope I can do half as well as you!) Nice one! @RidgeRunner- Martin- the Finns had an Il-28  target tug with lots of dayglo!  😜

Mike

• Like 1

Cheers gang, I could be tempted to do another but in some kind of camo scheme.  There are a huge number of operators of the type to chose from.

I used XF16 - Flat Aluminium for the colour.

Phil

Rymulus,

All I can say is. "Wow!" Incredible workmanship and attention to detail. Not sure I am anywhere close to being in your league. That being said, I have saved your WIP as a guide for how to improve the Trumpeter kit, which was a disappointment to me when it was released. If they only did better research...

Mike

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, 72modeler said:

Rymulus,

All I can say is. "Wow!" Incredible workmanship and attention to detail. Not sure I am anywhere close to being in your league. That being said, I have saved your WIP as a guide for how to improve the Trumpeter kit, which was a disappointment to me when it was released. If they only did better research...

Mike

If you want to see more details about the model's construction, please visit this website.