Caterham - Trial by Fire

Codger

Hi C,

As I approach 65, and my eyesight is partially knackered by my diabetes, I can only concur with others here.

It becomes an ever greater struggle to work on these kits, but I still get so much pleasure from the building process. I am by no means anywhere near as disabled as you guys, and can really appreciate the workmanship and sheer craft that you all display. I am in awe of your skills.

I would call myself a journeyman rather than an expert, but I am always learning and your models always inspire me to do better.

Keep up the good work.

Cheers, Alan.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, silver911 said:

Well...I for one am over the moon to see the 'master' showing us there's life in the old dog yet.

If ever I needed an incentive to return...you have now provided it!

Respect

Ron

Good - now you can proceed to out-do me...:whip:

• 2 weeks later...

UPON FURTHER REVIEW:

I seem now to have been unduly harsh on Tamiya's effort at a coach-built kit. My limitations were no fault of the kit. I want to encourage any who have this kit unbuilt or are contemplating it to go ahead with it - it's a very satisfying little model once the challenges are met. It's small, neat, has a nice weight to it and is in perfect scale including thicknesses.

One of my ways of extending an enjoyable build is photographing it, especially outdoors in natural light. Although the build was tough for me to accomplish, I have come to fall in love with the little thing - as owners of the 1:1 certainly do. Colin Chapman was truly a genius. Outdoor light is harder to control but an overcast day gives great color rendition so presented here are what I hope are better shots than the horrid ones above. No, I didn't build a backdrop as the Rolls but just a few shots on a small table on the porch.

To wit:

IMG_7762_(2).jpg

IMG_7764_(2).jpg

IMG_7765_(2).jpg

IMG_7768_(2).jpg

IMG_7769_(2).jpg

IMG_7770_(2).jpg

• Like 4