This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

ivan-o

AA Stalwart Mk 2

1 hour ago, Das Abteilung said:

Good lord!   Did the driver really sit with his back to a Really Big Radiator?  Presumably the airflow was in through the cab and out into the load bed.  Must have been a mite chilly.  And a cab heater which pre-heats the air before entering the radiator seems counter-productive.

Two intakes at the rear of the cab sorted the air,and how Tommy kept his toes warm will be in be made clear in the next instalment 😀

49055386771_4dbb4af4a7_c_d.jpg

Ivan

Morning all,just primed the parts for in the cab as once the windows are in I don’t want the airbrush near them! So hand painting later after they are in.😀

49072907517_203d3169c4_c_d.jpg

more later,

Ivan

9 minutes ago, ivan-o said:

Don’t suppose you can swear on here!

49078285896_65acfaa437_c_d.jpg

Ivan

I feel your pain mate, looks fixable though. 
:mellow:

Wheels back on,looks like there was too much heat for the glue and resin to cope with when I was moving the wheels about.

Hay ho live and learn 😀

DPM put on the driver,don’t know whether that restored my sanity or improved my mood or not! 😉

49085483493_575a1d4b40_k_d.jpg

49085991146_c291074cb2_k_d.jpg

Cheers,

Ivan

Good fun those decals Ivan, they do take a bit of practice but look good mate :goodjob:

It’s amazing how that Daco solution makes them conform, it looks in the photo that they are lifting on the inside of the leg but it is a seam I missed taking off. Back to the main job soon..

Bit more progress windows are in! They are cleaner than they look 😉 some bolts missing here due to the casting.

49090688271_44d3150d1f_c_d.jpg

49090688391_b050b72dc0_c_d.jpg

cheers,

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o

Nice work so far. Glad you recovered this one. Did you add some strengthening in the axles while repairing? 

Daco decal solution is one of the best IMHO.. 

11 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Nice work so far. Glad you recovered this one. Did you add some strengthening in the axles while repairing? 

Daco decal solution is one of the best IMHO.. 

Thanks Silenoz,there was no way the kit was not being fixed to costly to bin 😀. The axles were glued back in place and will be alright with no more heat treatment.

Ivan

On 11/18/2019 at 8:56 PM, Dads203 said:

Good fun those decals Ivan, they do take a bit of practice but look good mate :goodjob:

The DPM is a decal???

Who makes it please? where can we get it?

Crossdelta makes them, not very expensive but I’ve only seen them at lucky model.

Hi guys,

some more done at last! Inside the cab virtually finished just the etch seat belts and of course painting to be done.

49145775548_67e83dc43c_k_d.jpg

49146800342_f7220115f4_k_d.jpg

Cheers 

Ivan

Now then what could be in here? Jerry can set perhaps!

Guess we will have to wait for crimble to see. 😀

49150965536_7b7643e788_k_d.jpg

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o

Hi guys,at last got to do a bit today,

winch rope guides on, surf board on the top,tow points and hook on front. 😀

49221577218_a761a53d68_k_d.jpg

49222282507_948cfb1961_k_d.jpg

49222282372_6910de43c3_k_d.jpg

Going to do the etch now.!

cheers 

Ivan

Roof top etch on

49222201213_5409a6a83b_k_d.jpg

Just the splash board,headlights and mud guards to go. The cab has been painted but I won’t put that up till RFI.

thats all for now 

cheers 

Ivan

Looking good not far to go now!

Roger

Starting to look every bit a stolly now mate, not much further to go now Ivan.

Whats going in the back ? 

Thanks for your comments 😀

Dan I had thought of going with the UBRE set it then do I really want to do more resin ?so I am going with the bulk Jerry cans!

Ivan

I bought the bulk jerry can load for my Stalwart.  I was a bit disappointed with it as its not a full load, its only three quarters of a load and the top row of the load is not a full row  I had to look else where for odd jerry cans to fill out the load.  When I carried a load of POL on the Stalwart I used in the army, it was always a full load, anything less was dangerous?  If those lose cans fell over or, you had "leakers" the petrol would drip through the floor to the engine and resulted in some cases of the Stalwart catching fire, which did happen.  It was just a case of pulling the fire extinguisher handles in the cab(at the back of the drivers head-high in the cab and running).  Cost of buying individual jerry cans to fill out the load can be expensive, luckily, for me, somebody on Ebay was selling some odds and ends from building his kits over the years and some of his extras were Jerry cans, about 40 of them...…...but be aware, its a 3 part load from AA with a few loose ones...…..check out the pictures on AA where you see one seated in the back of the Stalwart

1 hour ago, rayprit said:

I bought the bulk jerry can load for my Stalwart.  I was a bit disappointed with it as its not a full load, its only three quarters of a load and the top row of the load is not a full row  I had to look else where for odd jerry cans to fill out the load.  When I carried a load of POL on the Stalwart I used in the army, it was always a full load, anything less was dangerous?  If those lose cans fell over or, you had "leakers" the petrol would drip through the floor to the engine and resulted in some cases of the Stalwart catching fire, which did happen.  It was just a case of pulling the fire extinguisher handles in the cab(at the back of the drivers head-high in the cab and running).  Cost of buying individual jerry cans to fill out the load can be expensive, luckily, for me, somebody on Ebay was selling some odds and ends from building his kits over the years and some of his extras were Jerry cans, about 40 of them...…...but be aware, its a 3 part load from AA with a few loose ones...…..check out the pictures on AA where you see one seated in the back of the Stalwart

Thanks for that I’ll fill it out with oil drums or such.

Ivan

Just a little progress! I was not happy with the etch cab cleats so I made my own. If they don’t look right don’t hang back tell me and I will change them. 😀

49258326583_c399503381_k_d.jpg

Well the camera doesn’t lie! A bit more bending required 😀

Cheers 

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o

Hi guys, a well overdue update! Just about ready for a coat of primer,there has been work going on bits of plastic here and there where the resin has been broken.

49403451353_04591da20e_k_d.jpg

AA9D42BD-5F47-43D3-B8BB-02C5AFD03A83

49403451118_47288b60bb_k_d.jpg

49403925811_df73ed104f_k_d.jpg

just noticed haven’t done the air taps,bit more to go then 😀

Ivan