AA Stalwart Mk 2

ivan-o

1 hour ago, Das Abteilung said:

Good lord!   Did the driver really sit with his back to a Really Big Radiator?  Presumably the airflow was in through the cab and out into the load bed.  Must have been a mite chilly.  And a cab heater which pre-heats the air before entering the radiator seems counter-productive.

Two intakes at the rear of the cab sorted the air,and how Tommy kept his toes warm will be in be made clear in the next instalment 😀

49055386771_4dbb4af4a7_c_d.jpg

Ivan

Wheels back on,looks like there was too much heat for the glue and resin to cope with when I was moving the wheels about.

Hay ho live and learn 😀

DPM put on the driver,don’t know whether that restored my sanity or improved my mood or not! 😉

49085483493_575a1d4b40_k_d.jpg

49085991146_c291074cb2_k_d.jpg

Cheers,

Ivan

• Like 4

It’s amazing how that Daco solution makes them conform, it looks in the photo that they are lifting on the inside of the leg but it is a seam I missed taking off. Back to the main job soon..

11 hours ago, Silenoz said:

Nice work so far. Glad you recovered this one. Did you add some strengthening in the axles while repairing? 

Daco decal solution is one of the best IMHO.. 

Thanks Silenoz,there was no way the kit was not being fixed to costly to bin 😀. The axles were glued back in place and will be alright with no more heat treatment.

Ivan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I bought the bulk jerry can load for my Stalwart.  I was a bit disappointed with it as its not a full load, its only three quarters of a load and the top row of the load is not a full row  I had to look else where for odd jerry cans to fill out the load.  When I carried a load of POL on the Stalwart I used in the army, it was always a full load, anything less was dangerous?  If those lose cans fell over or, you had "leakers" the petrol would drip through the floor to the engine and resulted in some cases of the Stalwart catching fire, which did happen.  It was just a case of pulling the fire extinguisher handles in the cab(at the back of the drivers head-high in the cab and running).  Cost of buying individual jerry cans to fill out the load can be expensive, luckily, for me, somebody on Ebay was selling some odds and ends from building his kits over the years and some of his extras were Jerry cans, about 40 of them...…...but be aware, its a 3 part load from AA with a few loose ones...…..check out the pictures on AA where you see one seated in the back of the Stalwart

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rayprit said:

I bought the bulk jerry can load for my Stalwart.  I was a bit disappointed with it as its not a full load, its only three quarters of a load and the top row of the load is not a full row  I had to look else where for odd jerry cans to fill out the load.  When I carried a load of POL on the Stalwart I used in the army, it was always a full load, anything less was dangerous?  If those lose cans fell over or, you had "leakers" the petrol would drip through the floor to the engine and resulted in some cases of the Stalwart catching fire, which did happen.  It was just a case of pulling the fire extinguisher handles in the cab(at the back of the drivers head-high in the cab and running).  Cost of buying individual jerry cans to fill out the load can be expensive, luckily, for me, somebody on Ebay was selling some odds and ends from building his kits over the years and some of his extras were Jerry cans, about 40 of them...…...but be aware, its a 3 part load from AA with a few loose ones...…..check out the pictures on AA where you see one seated in the back of the Stalwart

Thanks for that I’ll fill it out with oil drums or such.

Ivan

Just a little progress! I was not happy with the etch cab cleats so I made my own. If they don’t look right don’t hang back tell me and I will change them. 😀

49258326583_c399503381_k_d.jpg

Well the camera doesn’t lie! A bit more bending required 😀

Cheers 

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, a well overdue update! Just about ready for a coat of primer,there has been work going on bits of plastic here and there where the resin has been broken.

49403451353_04591da20e_k_d.jpg

AA9D42BD-5F47-43D3-B8BB-02C5AFD03A83

49403451118_47288b60bb_k_d.jpg

49403925811_df73ed104f_k_d.jpg

just noticed haven’t done the air taps,bit more to go then 😀

Ivan

• Like 2