AA Stalwart Mk 2

ivan-o

Ok here we go then,both sides are the same. This is stage 1&2 done and the only thing to comment on is the resin on the wishbones is a bit brittle!

progress will not be to rapid so bear with me please 😀

48959036161_655cc202ee_c_d.jpg

Edited by ivan-o
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ivan-o said:

As this obviously is all resin it will need primed I am toying with going with a black primer to use as a preshade coat.

Good idea or should I stick with grey?

I've found black to work really well. Allows for a slightly lighter coverage of the green without worrying about going into all the corners and recesses, giving good depth and shadow effect. (Imo)

Great subject btw!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I've found black to work really well. Allows for a slightly lighter coverage of the green without worrying about going into all the corners and recesses, giving good depth and shadow effect. (Imo)

Great subject btw!

Me too for the same reason. I use Mr Finishing Surfacer 1500 Black, not sure how it adheres to resin though.

Roger. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, ivan-o said:

Thanks for all the interest 👍 just to expand a bit on the work I’ve done all the bits needed a bit of a clean up for flash and a bit of filing to get the wishbone blocks to fit the hull.TBH i forgot to actually take photos of the first bit 🤫 I’ll try to remember I am doing a WIP.

I will go with the black primer,I think the fun will come in the cab as there are lots of little bits the carpet monster will love.

More over the weekend,thanks 

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o
  • Like 6

A bit more done, Torsion bars and rear hubs on. Front and middle hubs and steering gear next.

48960694888_222f51072f_c_d.jpg

48961427972_916c218981_c_d.jpg

A fairly straightforward build today. The rear torsion bars were to long (cue the knife) but cut down ok!

I may have a problem coming with the steering bar pivot! It was fitted to the hull where the markings on the hull said but they fouled the torsion bar,minor surgery needed there,but they might be to high. Won’t know till I start the steering gear.

Ivan

Edited by ivan-o
  • Like 8

Hi guys a bit more done today,steering gear and wheels again very fiddly but strangely satisfying when the parts are fitted!

48961241736_104930a07d_c_d.jpg

48959222247_7225886983_c_d.jpg

48959034946_17b2002d7f_c_d.jpg

Cheers Ivan

Edited by ivan-o
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, Dads203 said:

Starting to take shape Ivan, the AA kits are quite fun to pop together ;) they do keep you on your toes and help hone the build skills 

I must be due an AA build soon :hmmm:

Cheers Dan, it certainly focuses the mind when you know when it’s stuck it really is stuck 😀

I can now do stuff the right way up now,not upside down 😉

• Like 1