JetFest '19 North Weald

Alpha Delta 210

2 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

IAF serial: IE296

UK civil registration: G-SLYR

I have this somewhere......

https://www.amazon.com/Militair-1982-John-M-Andrade/dp/0907898017#immersive-view_1570555465516

.......and I’m sure the answer is in there.

Where did I put it?

Trevor

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Nice pics, it must be 2 decades since my last visit.

I know how you feel on the no show of some items due to weather, I went all the way to Middle Wallop for the 80th Auster Birthday meet, expecting 80 plus only about 20 turned up.

Still had a good day though.

Thanks very much for the kind words. I'm pleased you enjoyed the pictures.

I was not as frustrated as some, because I bought an advance ticket. The gate ticket price was outrageous!

16 hours ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

The gate ticket price was outrageous!

I don't how organisers stand if planes that are booked do a no show, assuming they cannot charge a full fee you would think it reasonable that the gate price could fall accordingly but as they say it is all in the 'small print'.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

I don't how organisers stand if planes that are booked do a no show, assuming they cannot charge a full fee you would think it reasonable that the gate price could fall accordingly but as they say it is all in the 'small print'.

I agree that a lower gate charge might have been a good way to pacify some of the disillusioned visitors. However, the person who was responding to negative social media comments over the weekend on behalf of the organisers was infantile and sarcastic which did nothing to assuage the aggrieved!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, RidgeRunner said:

Nice AD' ........ :)

Are you going forthe B-52s at Fairford. There should be 8 there by today.....

M

Thanks Martin. I'm pleased that you liked them.

I wasn't aware of that deployment. Unfortunately, I am away on business. Will you be making the trip to Gloucestershire?

On 08/10/2019 at 06:50, Max Headroom said:

Great photos. The Ajeet/Gnat is lovely.

As I understand the situation, the early Folland built single seaters were Gnats, whilst the Hindustan ones are Ajeets (“Unconquerable”). A vague memory tells me that this example is indeed a Gnat.

TrevorF

I thought the ‘Gnat’ was originally envisaged and designed (and built) by Folland as a single seater, and called (provisionally?) ‘Midge’.  The RAF or the then Ministry of Supply decided a lightweight fighter wasn’t for them, then asked for a two-seat trainer version.  The rest as they say is history.

Right or wrong?

2 hours ago, Jonny said:

I thought the ‘Gnat’ was originally envisaged and designed (and built) by Folland as a single seater, and called (provisionally?) ‘Midge’.  The RAF or the then Ministry of Supply decided a lightweight fighter wasn’t for them, then asked for a two-seat trainer version.  The rest as they say is history.

Right or wrong?

The Midge was the first prototype and the higher powered second prototype was the Gnat.

Trevor