Red 5 where are you?....

Building up to my first ever X-Wing with my 1/72 Red Leader entry, I thought I’d give the 1/144 X-wing from the same boxing a first go to see what’s what for the big build...really small but highly detailed

48807550793_3ac9b649d1_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 4

Wings constructed, such detail! Build process same 1/144 for 1/72. Seemless and easy! I actually used the sticker decals to be lazy but they still sink into the panel lines with a guide via a cocktail stick. What a kit

48809491471_658699e647_b.jpg

• Like 1

They seem to behave like water slide decals putting them on is an tricky bit as on e in place u can’t manoeuvre as but very thin and sink into the lines...I’m not sure 

• Thanks 1

Wing assembly complete, such a smart kit, wings remain moveable so you can change positions once built. Couple of bumps under the wing identification markings but they are on each opposite side so maybe meant to be there? Il need to watch out for that on the Red Leader build in 1/72.

48812921126_99928af838_b.jpg

• Like 3

Definitely be switching to water slide decals as although the stickers do sink into the detail under pressure, they are not very sticky. Il be building, painting and decalling in smaller stages 

Here is where we are just now, I’m I pressed with this tiny kit

48813270218_cc542cbcf0_b.jpg

• Like 6

Ok all parts on this impressive little kit, can be posed in about any position on the stand. So this is how it looks. I’m going to paint and detail it up as well as re-do the decals replacing the kit stickers with the kit water slide decals, which look better than the stickers....

48822314498_aa9d0923e4_b.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 4

Red 5 is now red 5 but it was nearly in the bin after trying to get the 5 wing marks equally spaced, straight and then to stay. After the difficulty I’m pleased with how they sit.

48841011251_8fc20b0144_b.jpg

• Like 6

Rear end painted, radio transparent grey, detail picked out in dry silver. Such detail I still can’t get over it. Pity these kits are so hard to get here. If I knew someone in Japan for the World Cup I’d beg them to ditch their clothes n bring a suitcase filled with these back, they are awesome!! 

48867264926_8df0b9eb0f_b.jpg

• Like 6

Looks great @Valkyrie

There seem to be so many great Japanese products that would do really well if they were exported more. Would love to see more Platz, Aoshima, Fujimi, Bandai kits to name just a few - even Hasegawa kits don’t seem to hit the shelves here like they used to.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Calling this one done. Smashing kit and really builds into a great looking piece and tiny too. I have displayed it on the stand that comes with the 1/72 boxing for red 5.

49150467203_69224c5da1_b.jpg

• Like 3