1/350 Viribus Unitus ( WW1 Austro-Hungarian Battleship ) + Carlisle Class Cruiser 1/350

73north

Just to give the good news - that Trumpeter of China have released the lovely
completed Model in 1/350 Scale open to inspection in Japan of the KuK Viribus Unitis at The 59th All Japan Model & Hobby Show 2019 today

kbik2rI.jpg

enjoy !

( sorry photo is not clearer - it was taken from Facebook's page for Trumpeter )

Edited by 73north
  • Like 2

xHB2YbJ.jpg

I found a far better picture taken at the show - of the Austro-Hungarian Battleship - enjoy !!

looks like Trumpeter pulled out the stops for the details - my guess it will be released by the HobbyBoss Brand 

as they seem to handle the WW1 Ships like Seydlitz 

• Like 5

• 6 months later...

just to give the heads up that Trumpeter have shown that the Viribus Unitus is now released for sale - today 

( although the text is in Chinese ) - but the artwork is the same as Randall Wilson produced for the box artwork 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 02/04/2020 at 15:23, 73north said:

just to give the heads up that Trumpeter have shown that the Viribus Unitus is now released for sale - today 

( although the text is in Chinese ) - but the artwork is the same as Randall Wilson produced for the box artwork 

This will be a must have for me. Desperately waiting for an affordable Tegethoff-class for years. The Kombrig model is to expensive in my eyes.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On ‎5‎/‎23‎/‎2020 at 2:48 PM, Uncle F. said:

This will be a must have for me. Desperately waiting for an affordable Tegethoff-class for years. The Kombrig model is to expensive in my eyes.

Pleasure - I believe the Kit is for sale from July (you can get it now on Pre-order )

it looks like a really fine Model

• 3 weeks later...

That's very good news! I've seen it on the Pre-order page as well, maybe will wait a little until some additional PE is available. Hopefully the Mastermodel Barrels and yards for the Combrig model will work as well?

Anyway, I probably can provide a walk around - of course not of the real ship, but the HGM (Heeresgeschichtliche Museum in Vienna) has a quite good model, and tons of pictures, for what I can remember.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2020 at 00:30, Onezonedrone said:

This is one I'll be looking at once some PE is released for it. Also anyone know what the cruiser is next to it? 

and a wooden deck would be also a must. Hopefully Infini puts a set like Seydlitz on the market.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Not a ship modeller myself but this is a must-have for me, as well. The Szent Istvan would be even more so but we get what we get. So disappointed they won't include at least the bare minimum on PE parts, tough :(

Is there any news on the availability yet? Shops around here keep postponing it. Is seems to be September or October now.

@Chief Cohiba A walk-around of the scale model and any additional images would be great. Any chance for them? ;) Thanks!

Edited by armored76
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, armored76 said:

Not a ship modeller myself but this is a must-have for me, as well. The Szent Istvan would be even more so but we get what we get. So disappointed they won't include at least the bare minimum on PE parts, tough :(

Is there any news on the availability yet? Shops around here keep postponing it. Is seems to be September or October now.

@Chief Cohiba A walk-around of the scale model and any additional images would be great. Any chance for them? ;) Thanks!

Sure, will do. I contact the administrators once I've got a reasonable amount of usable pictures to create a walk around. I've just been there a few days ago with my wife, but didn't want to spent too much time - nevertheless it's just a great place.

Here's two pictures of what it is, in all of it's splendour (it's 1/25, so about 6m long) ;

39207140xu.jpg

And some details:

39207227wu.jpg

This was build by workers from the original shipyard way back then, so I guess we can expect some accuracy.

There is another model of the Viribus Unitis in the green pre war scheme in 1/50 as well:

39207271gj.jpg

I find this rather attractive as well, but maybe a bit un-Dreadnoughty?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

• 10 months later...
On 8/12/2020 at 7:17 AM, armored76 said:

You can have your Szent István now. Maybe we didnt buy all of it.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, armored76 said:

They still seem rather hard to get so you might have bought too many :D Jokes aside, have you built one already?

No. All I know is told by a model store owner that a major shipment has arrived to the EU, and it was sent from the port to Hungary last week. Mayba Hamburg, idk.