Emirates A380-800 in 1/144 (Revell kit with 26 Decals)

A completed commission build for an Emirates passenger who travelled down to Cape Town from Dubai last year on one of the Airlines A380-800's and wanted to remember the experience in 1/144 scale. Not competition standards by far but sufficiently Airbussy to have satisfied the client. Kit cockpit piece omitted and replaced with 26 Decals set in conjunction with the detail set supplied with the A380 House Colours decal sheet. The fishing line suspension lines are quite fine and don't really show up here but this has been built as a ceiling hanging display. Mr Hobby Acrylics used throughout and glossed with Humbrol water based Clear.

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.46.47 PM(1)

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.46.47 PM(2)

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.46.47 PM(3)

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.46.47 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.46.48 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.49.07 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.49.06 PM

WhatsApp Image 2019-09-26 at 6.46.46 PM

• Like 29

Very impressive indeed. It's a pity the A380 hasn't been as commercially successful as Airbus would have liked but it's still an amazing machine and your model certainly does it justice.

If anybody happens to be at Munich Airport on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon I throughly recommend their "A380 Tour" which is great fun and allows you to get up close to a real Emirates A380, a very good way of appreciating just how enormous it is.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Skodadriver said:

Very impressive indeed. It's a pity the A380 hasn't been as commercially successful as Airbus would have liked but it's still an amazing machine and your model certainly does it justice.

If anybody happens to be at Munich Airport on a Saturday or Sunday afternoon I throughly recommend their "A380 Tour" which is great fun and allows you to get up close to a real Emirates A380, a very good way of appreciating just how enormous it is.

They should have pushed the freighter more, or at least planned better for it like Boeing did with the 747, and imagine the military applications as a tanker or a personnel transport....

4 hours ago, Adam Poultney said:

Very nice! I'd love to build one, but I'm not really as much of a fan of building airliners as much as I like them... 

Just out of interest, how much do you charge for builds like this?

Thanks for the kind words - sit down, £1000.00

2 hours ago, Vince1159 said:

She's a beauty but she needs some company,how about a Qatar A380.....

Hi Vince - I have a spare A380 and that's a great idea for a Livery as I have already done a BA version (see below) the new Qatar A380 livery I see up at Heathrow does look brilliant.

DSCF4695_zpsc3664ab5

DSCF4704_zpsf03a29b4

DSCF4709_zpsb4c8606c

DSCF4696_zps12666539

• Like 2

Excellent build. I have spent many hours on Emirates A380s, and rather than building kits, I have bought die cast models instead (I know, I should be ashamed of myself!)

I arrived home from Doha today on a Qatar A380, and I'm afraid that I don't share your view on the livery. I think it is so dull! To each, his own!😉

Your BA A380 looks excellent as well!👍

Looks fantastic in the Emirates livery. The BA looks good too. Makes me want to sideline my 747s (yes plural) and start on my own A380.

On 27/09/2019 at 11:38, Skodadriver said:

I agree with everything said.

On 27/09/2019 at 11:49, Adam Poultney said:

They should have pushed the freighter more, or at least planned better for it like Boeing did with the 747.

Or pushed the A380-900 which the factory was designed to produce, after all, they did offer the A380+ with extra seats squeezed in. All round a missed opportunity.

Super model BTW

On 9/27/2019 at 5:52 PM, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Excellent build. I have spent many hours on Emirates A380s, and rather than building kits, I have bought die cast models instead (I know, I should be ashamed of myself!)

I arrived home from Doha today on a Qatar A380, and I'm afraid that I don't share your view on the livery. I think it is so dull! To each, his own!😉

Your BA A380 looks excellent as well!👍

Yep I agree now - I got it confused with the new Etihad livery 

• Like 1