Zvezda C-130?

757flyer

That list looks like a wishlist: way too many new toolings: MS-21, C-130 in 72nd, Il-2 in 48, Mi-24 in 48 (this one definitely on my wishlist), Su-57 in 48. Bk-200 - I suspect it is a typo and should be Be-200? 

Also let's not forget that Zvezda repackaged Italeri more than once and they have quite a good range of C-130s in 72nd scale (however I do wish that it would be new tooling since I hate rescribing panel lines) 

13 hours ago, Jordi said:

The Italeri C-130s are a very, very long way from “quite good”.  They are approaching 40 years old, have raised panel detail, incorrect engine nacelles, and no ‘chine’ on the fuselage at the cabin floor level (the real thing has a sharp edge at that point).  You also can’t really do any later model C-130H or variant thereof without some fairly significant scratchbuilding.

The world really needs a new C-130 family, but I suspect this “new” Zvezda kit will be the Italeri geezer of a kit.

Still- fingers and toes crossed and prayer book at the ready!

Mike

C-130A in the classic scheme! This is the one for me! Luvverly!

https://www.airliners.net/photo/USA-Air-Force/Lockheed-C-130A-Hercules-L-182/2592373/L

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jordi said:

The Italeri C-130s are a very, very long way from “quite good”.  They are approaching 40 years old, have raised panel detail, incorrect engine nacelles, and no ‘chine’ on the fuselage at the cabin floor level (the real thing has a sharp edge at that point).  You also can’t really do any later model C-130H or variant thereof without some fairly significant scratchbuilding.

The world really needs a new C-130 family, but I suspect this “new” Zvezda kit will be the Italeri geezer of a kit.

I said "quite good range" meaning that they have a lot of different versions of C-130. As of the quality: I cannot start to build one I have b/c of the issues you mentioned. I really wish that Zvezda would make a new tool but realist in me says that it is going to be Italeri repack.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:34 PM, Doom3r said:

That list looks like a wishlist: way too many new toolings: MS-21, C-130 in 72nd, Il-2 in 48, Mi-24 in 48 (this one definitely on my wishlist), Su-57 in 48. Bk-200 - I suspect it is a typo and should be Be-200? 

Also let's not forget that Zvezda repackaged Italeri more than once and they have quite a good range of C-130s in 72nd scale (however I do wish that it would be new tooling since I hate rescribing panel lines) 

The list consists of planned new tool releases for 2020 according to other discussion group/FB groups.

• Like 1

It has not been issue for a long time, while it has recessed detail the cockpit clear part is very average with a domed windscreen piece and the engine nacelles sit partly above the wing and not flush with it.

I built it many years ago as a RAAF C-130E, 10 years in fact!

5 hours ago, Paul J said:

Whatever happened to the ESCI tooling of the Herk??  As I recall it had recessed surface detail and definitely wasn't Italeri plastic.

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

It has not been issue for a long time, while it has recessed detail the cockpit clear part is very average with a domed windscreen piece and the engine nacelles sit partly above the wing and not flush with it.

Actually the latest Italeri AC-130H kit was the ESCI tooling (Italeri has only ever done the gunship as an AC-130A). Having both kits, I look at ESCI's Herk as roughly equal quality overall to Italeri.  In addition the issues @Romeo Alpha Yankee noted, it shares some of the same issues as Italeri (e.g. no "crease" at the cargo floor).

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with @72modeler about a C-130A; and other "A" versions. I have the Italeri/Testors kits in my stash as well as the ESCI kits. I haven't heard about what problems they may have; but, then I got them long before I found this site. But new ones are needed; and Zvesda has shown that they can offer excellent detail and fit in their kits.

On 10/20/2019 at 7:22 AM, Jordi said:

I would doubt Zvezda will do any C-130A variant, since it would require completely different engine nacelles and props (at a minimum) and possibly even new wings, since the part of the nacelle attached to the lower wing surface on the A’s their derivatives were considerably longer than on the B and subsequent models.  

If they are clever they will tool the kit for all these options, including the different engines,  rear nacelles, noses, gear sponson lengths, fuselage plugs (or at least a short and long version fuselages). It will keep them releasing kits for years to come, if their moulds can hold out.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2019 at 2:30 PM, Sturmovik said:

And with decals for the Fuerza Aérea Argentina too! Pretty please?

Fairly sure if they do an H there will be decals everywhere for every nation. An E or H would have the most demand worldwide.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Scooby said:

Fairly sure if they do an H there will be decals everywhere for every nation. An E or H would have the most demand worldwide.

That works for me! I'm pretty sure I can backdate an E to an A. I agree with Romeo Alpha Yankee- if they do a little thinking about how the kit goes together, they can do several versions and if the kit is accurate, they won't be able to mold them fast enough to meet demand. Talk about infinite variety in schemes and markings!

Mike

• Greg B locked this topic