Airbus 350 RAF C1 Endeavour.

5 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Following this is giving me nasty ideas, as I can't get what I want on the market either because it doesn't exist (1/144 E-3D) two expensive (1/144 Tristar or KC135R) or complicated (1/144 Voyager conversion) part of me thinking of an RAF Grey A300 or B767.......

An AWACS  aircraft was my first idea Stu but I just couldn't figure out what to make the dome out of!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

An AWACS  aircraft was my first idea Stu but I just couldn't figure out what to make the dome out of!

Lathe and some wood perhaps, or buy the Revell E-3a kit cheap on eBay and build it as the 707 it actually is and steal the radome 

• Like 1

Morning folks,fuselage finally assembled and I'll now leave it for a day or two to dry,the rear bank of windows are filled and sanded once

primed and painted will not be visible.I don't really do airliners and the couple I have had window decals where this kit doesn't so I've reversed

the glazing so that once painted and glossed I can run black gloss acrylic paint in with a cocktail stick.

20191021_112734

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks after a weeks holiday time to return to the bench today.First job was finishing the  filling and sanding of the fuselage which

now looks ready for primer.at this stage the "secretive" sensor suite has been added to the fuselage,nothing is known about its use

or capability other than it's a product of Northrop Grumman's Electronics Systems and Sensors.

20191102_163743

• Like 5

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

I won't pretend that I understand the plot behind this one Steve (I can be a bit slow sometimes ;)), but it's certainly looking beautiful.

Cliff

Thanks Cliff,Me neither😗.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folk's,a let up in the weather meant I was able to get her sprayed after adding a few more sensors etc,I've decided to go all

gray in the end but still plan to use the cheat line and hi viz decals.

20191119_084142

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Looking fantastic Steve, must crack on with sanding the engines on my 767......

Many thank's Stu,I used a can of Humbrol gray due to the size and the fact my Airbrush has packed in!

Morning folks,a few hairy moments but the other port side decals on need to find something for the tail now.Just glossed the wings

after painting the leading edges going to crack on with the engines next.

20191203_093915

• Like 10

• 1 month later...

Morning folk's,far to long neglected it was time to get this nearer the gallery.I've assembled and painted the engines just another coat or two on the 

forward section before fixing in place and the rest of those windows to detail,I'm on my weekend off so hope to finish her.

20200109_113307

• Like 6

• 3 weeks later...