Airbus 350 RAF C1 Endeavour.

Ok,folk's here's the premise,operational commitments meant that the dedicated VIP Voyager was needed for it's original tanking role,it was decided

that due to the new trading partnerships being forged around the globe government ministers and Royal family members needed to fly the flag in a 

manner akin to the US Presidents Air Force one so a new a-550 was ordered for this role.Making and winning the case was Airbus as compatibility

with the current RAF fleet meant costs were by far the most competitive.No drab gray aircraft for this one full hi viz marking's are the order of the day

Edited by stevej60
  • Like 9

9 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Good choice, will you be doing a BA or Air France plane. Or something totally made up from the movie or Dr.Who episode ? 

Hi Dennis,The Airport 79 scheme is fictional and as you might imagine no decals available(incidentally the aircraft used was

the French machine that later crashed in 2000).The Dr  Who episode seems to show a Landor scheme which is included in the box.

• Like 2

Hi Folk's,just re-reading the post and realised for anyone else it's a bit confusing as the original Aircraft was meant to be Concorde hence Dennis's

question,anyway had a first close look at the kit and she's quite a size only about two inches shorter than the Cargolux 747 that hangs from the loft

ceiling,the plan is standard Airbus wing colours with an all white fuselage,roundels in six positions and a blue cheatline along the fuselage  that

drops below the cockpit similar to the style of RAF transports of old,I plan to add some lumps and bumps and fill some areas of the windows

to make it just a bit different from the standard airliner.I'll pop some sprue shots up over the weekend.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, stevej60 said:

just a bit different from the standard airliner.I

How about, bare with me here,when visiting dangerous tin pot dictatorships ,some defenses maybe  would be the order of the day so a couple of discreetly hung sidewinders,maybe a little open missile bay of sorts 🤗,ah well it was worth a try, i like your idea steve, probably better than mine

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Hewy said:

How about, bare with me here,when visiting dangerous tin pot dictatorships ,some defenses maybe  would be the order of the day so a couple of discreetly hung sidewinders,maybe a little open missile bay of sorts 🤗,ah well it was worth a try, i like your idea steve, probably better than mine

Now that's spooky Glynn I was just wandering around the supermarket while the missus was planning next weeks meals thinking "I wonder if a 

couple of missiles hung from the wing's would look good!

• Haha 4

Hi folk's missiles TBA but here's the sprue's,popped a little airfix Hawk I'm working on for scale,gonna need a bigger table!

20191005_172726

And Paul is helping out with a set of Royal Air Force title's to go with the main decals I've cobbled together,the kit's standard airframe

stencils will be used too.

20191005_174254

• Like 9

Hi Steve

Chaff and flare dispensers, jamming pods etc I suppose? Doesn't Air Force One have some sort of laser jammer to blind IR missiles as well?

Pete

Edited by PeterB
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, PeterB said:

Chaff and flare dispensers, jamming pods etc I suppose?

Pete

Two thing's that did cross my mind Peter,an all red painted Red arrows support aircraft and if I could have found something to use an

AWACS version,reminds me of that Plane a German airline painted all red a few years ago which people actually refused to fly on!

• Haha 1

Nice story and great idea on a flag carrying Voyager!

BUT; isn't more likely in the current climat that all EU Airbus AND Eurofighters are immediately retired and replaced with 100 737 Max, as they need urgently new homes? Could be painted with the English flag and armed with AMRAAMS.... 

Just a thought.... :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, exdraken said:

Nice story and great idea on a flag carrying Voyager!

BUT; isn't more likely in the current climat that all EU Airbus AND Eurofighters are immediately retired and replaced with 100 737 Max, as they need urgently new homes? Could be painted with the English flag and armed with AMRAAMS.... 

Just a thought.... :D

English Flag...  I'm sure you mean the Union Flag 🤔

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Morning folk's,early days but a start made,there is a flightdeck included so I need to find some photos of the real thing.I love the finess

Revell give you with their engine blades.

20191008_115056

• Like 9

1 minute ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Its a really nice kit, have built one myself, but I am incapable of handling halfords white rattle cans so it ended up in the bin 

I must have binned dozens of kit's trying to use rattle cans Stu especially trying to do silver finishes,I've now learned to be patient and

mist a few coats on rather than half a can like I used to!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

I must have binned dozens of kit's trying to use rattle cans Stu especially trying to do silver finishes,I've now learned to be patient and

mist a few coats on rather than half a can like I used to!

I fine with the silver, but white nope, even when I thought I've got it nope I went and wrecked another one couple of months ago, in that a case revell 787 

• Like 1

Morning folks,the RAF titles for the fuselage arrived today thanks to Paul.To get away from the standard airliner look I've filled

the rear bank of windows as on the Endeavour the rear fuselage houses the communication,ECM and some classified equipment.

Picture update tomorrow.Chris's superb VC-10 build will give you an idea of the planned scheme.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235008243-raf-vc10-roden-conversion/

• Like 4

Morning folks,struggling to find bench time at the moment but managed to sand off the filler on the windows so I can get the

fuselage sides buttoned up this week.

20191013_105619

• Like 8

Not an A300 but an A310.  This was BAe's option but we were instructed to join with Serco on the 767.   We had been told - not by the RAF - that they really wanted the A330 so that bidder relaxed a bit and we had to really go deep on our bid.   But the realistic costs meant we lost (assuming they hadn't made up their mind all along) and the winning bidder had to go crying for more money as they couldn't do it at their bid price.  Of course, it may look different from another angle...

• Like 3